Chapter 46

Catra keeps having nightmares. I let her sleep as much as she can but her screams make me run towards her room, I was worried. And Adora surely doesn't help with her barging all day, even if we tell her to leave her alone for a good while she just tries to get past me and into her room, I'm like a dog guarding Catra's door, much to Adora's dismay.

Adora and I have become distant, I don't know what to say and she doesn't try to make conversation anymore. I'm sure that if my stone was still infected, Galaxy's thoughts and sentiments would come onto me, saying how much I hate her and that something is happening behind my back.

But she's not mine, so I can't ask.

Taking a stroll out of my room would help me to calm my nerves, at least Glimmer and Bow were on good terms again, that is a sweet view in my eyes.

I shrieked back at hearing a strong sound coming from Catra's room and I ran to her door immediately only to be stopped by shouts coming from the other side. Adora's in there. "I promised I'd take you home, and that's exactly what I'm gonna do. Why are you acting like this?! We saved your life!"

"I told you not to come back! But you just love feeling like a hero, don't you?"

"You'd rather I left you there to die?!"

"WHAT DO YOU CARE?! I know you all hate me!"

"I never hated you!"

Silence. In that uncomfortable moment I could only feel my heart in my throat, I licked my dried lips and gritted my teeth. I wanted to ask what that was supposed to mean, both from Adora and Catra, I want an answer, an answer to a question that might come soon enough to witness my fall.

"I'm such an idiot." I widened my eyes and stepped back from the door, Adora was coming out. "I thought things would be different this time, but clearly, nothing has changed." The door opened, and the blonde's eyes averted at the sight of me in front of her. Nothing was said, I didn't see a single shard of happiness in her eyes at it made me feel broken.

She blinked, furrowing her brows as she closed her eyes and walked away, not looking back. I crossed my arms and sighed deeply, stepping into Catra's room to see her on the ground with the mattress, exhaling slightly as she curled into herself a little.

The cat turned her head to me with an angry expression, but it vanished as soon as she saw me, her ears went down as I closed the door behind me and sat next to her. Long seconds of silence went by, she looked tired and I wished I could help her, I know how bad is to have insomnia. "I'm sorry that Adora is always here, I know you want to be alone."

I didn't hear a word, nor did I see her turning her head. "Why are you here?" I knew she would ask that but not so soon, she goes instantly for what she wants. We're good, I like that. "I just... Thought you would want a bit of company, the quiet one at least."

"... Why are you so nice to me?" That got me by surprise. Why am I being so nice to her after all we went through because of her?

"It's not your fault, I mean... I don't blame anyone. I know I would have felt the same way if someone has special as Adora had left me. You didn't have anyone else but Shadow Weaver eating your brain out, and for that, I'm truly sorry. You didn't deserve any of that." When I looked at Catra I couldn't even recognize that expression out of her, she looked so innocent with tears running down her cheeks, she looked scared but more calmed than before.

"After all I've done to you... Why don't you hate me?" Muttered Catra. Slowly, my hand reached for Catra and when I slightly touched her, I felt her shiver instantly. "It's okay... I'm not going to hurt you..." I rested my hand on Catra's shoulder, the cat inhaled and exhaled, relaxing under my touch. "I don't hate you because I know how hard is to live without love. I didn't know what it was until I came here."