Chapter 22 | Season 2

A week has gone by since the battle of Bright Moon. Queen Angella and Cataspella ordered their most trusted guards to take some clue of my stone around Etheria, but I couldn't feel where it was. Is it in the skies? Is it below earth? Is it in some kind of secret or abandoned place?

In the meantime, I promised the Rebellion I would help with getting rid of the remaining robots in the Whispering Woods, but I've been keeping some distance with Adora. I didn't want to actually, but I couldn't concentrate when she was around, she's one of my best friends. Since that night I felt like our friendship has changed, and I won't let it change because she's my friend and I don't want to lose her. She tried to--

"Hey, robot face! Watch where you step!" Perfuma had grabbed the robots with her plant magic, and threw them into the skies, leaving me to destroy them, we high fived and made our way to the others. "Sorry, Frosta!" The flower princess said.

"Wow, flower princesses can't aim." I giggled at Mermista's comment, making Perfuma blush. "I-I-- I'm working on it!" The princess of flowers yelled. "Look out!" We turned, another robot coming from behind, Glimmer teleported on the machine. "Got it!" Then teleported to the skies, letting the bot fall to its destruction. "Thanks for dropping in."

Frosta laughed loudly. "Dropping in! Because you dropped him from the sky! Good one...!" I chuckled at the princess of ice, it was cute that she was starting to be more sociable, but she had to stop trying so hard and just let it flow.

Glimmer made her staff appear in her hand, and Frosta gasped. "How'd you do that? Can you teleport anything you want? Like a cannon? I can make ice cannonballs." I walked towards them and Glimmer looked at me with pink cheeks. "What? No! Just the staff! It was my dad's-- Ugh! Actually, I was sort of in the middle of something here. Do you mind?"

Glimmer was about to shoot at the robot, but Frosta destroyed it first. "It's more effective if you hit their core processing unit." Glimmer groaned. "Ugh! I know! I was about to--!"

"Hey! There's another one! Let's get it!" Glimmer groaned loudly once again, turning to me and resting her head on my chest. "I caaan't...!" She shouted as I hugged her gently. "It's okay, Glimmer. She's just a kid. Have patience with her."

"I am trying...!" The princess grabbed both my arms and looked straight into my eyes, shaking me slightly. "I promise I'm trying but it's soooo difficult." I stopped her and smiled softly. "Let's just go back to Bright Moon, we need to rest." Glimmer sighed and we both walked to the others, from there making our way to Bright Moon.

I had promised to go with Perfuma to her kingdom since she wanted to see what we both could do with our powers, but I couldn't since Glimmer needed me in the war room. I guess I will only have a date with Perfuma when all the woods are in their original state again.

When we arrived to the palace, we were greeted by Adora. I could see the mood changing, Bow and Adora looked frustrated and I was just uncomfortable by everything right now, Glimmer though, she didn't stop talking and didn't even realized what was happening. "You should've seen it. With the Moonstone super-charged, I've been so much more powerful. I took out, like, at least five bots."

"Just like the day before, and the day before that." Bow stopped altogether. "Just say the entire week..." I said, stopping too and hiding my face with one hand. I was just as exhausted as they were. "So? What are we supposed to do? Not fight? We have to protect the woods. The Horde is going to keep taking ground until it regrows."

"I know, but how long can we keep this up?" Bow said, crossing his arms. I looked over at Adora. "Did you learn anything from Light Hope?" Adora looked away for a few seconds, smiling nervously. "Uhh... Getting way better at transforming my sword. Look."