Chapter 14

"Good morning, princesses..." Bow whispered sweetly to us, I stretched slowly still not wanting to open my eyes and Glimmer groaned. "It's too early... Five more minutes..." She muttered, hiding her head. "Do we really have to move now...?" I opened my eyes, meeting the light of the morning sun on my face and yawning deeply, I sat without feeling like it.

"It's a beautiful morning, (Y/N)." Bow said, but Glimmer wasn't getting up. "Today's canceled... Go back to bed..." I smiled gently, staring at her. "I can feel you staring at me." Glimmer said as she uncovered her head, looking at the both of us. "Why is it the one who snores is the first one to fall asleep?"

"What? I don't snore!" Bow said, looking offended. "Do I snore?" He turned to me. "Pffft, of course not." The archer still looked offended and turned to Adora. "Adora, do I snore--? Adora?" We all looked over to our friend, who was staring deep into the forest. Glimmer groaned and teleported us next to Adora, scaring her in the process.

"Sorry. Too early to teleport." Adora took a step further, and Bow got closer to him, trying to know what she's looking at. "What are we looking at?" He asked. "I don't know. I heard a noise in the woods last night and I thought I saw something."

"What? Like a bunny? Maybe a butterfly?" Adora ignored Glimmer and I furrowed my brows in concern. "Adora, did you get any sleep at all...?" She gasped as I touched her and looked at me. "Someone has to stand guard..." 

Adora walked away and Glimmer and I looked at each other, following the soldier. "Okay, you're on edge because of what happened with Entrapta's infected robots, but it's all over now. You got to relax. You need a vacation, we need a vacation. Which is why we're going to Mystacor." Glimmer announced, making Bow gasp in amazement.

"Mystacor? No way." Bow said, shaking me a little. "Queen Angella told me about that kingdom, but I never went there." I said, but Adora looked confused. "Wait, what's Mystacor? 

"It's a secret floating kingdom that's home to all Etheria's sorcerers. It's got tranquil gardens and beautiful beaches and healing springs, and my Aunt Castaspella happens to be head sorceress there." Glimmer explained, and Bow and I walked to them. "You'll love it. You won't have to worry about evil things in the woods or magic getting out of control." I looked down and Adora hugged me with one arm, she was trying to comfort me.

"Mystacor is protected by an invisibility spell so evil can't find it." Bow patted my shoulder, flashing me a warm smile. "It's the most beautiful and peaceful place in all of Etheria. We'll have you relaxing in no time." Adora smiled at us. "You know I've never relaxed in my life, right?"

"I guess they are about to change that." I said, following Bow and Glimmer to our destination. They guided us to mountains as high as the clouds, the stairs so clean and well made that I was quite impressed. I just hope we can relax Adora, and that I can relax myself.

"We're here!" Glimmer exclaimed out, and I looked around, not sure where the kingdom is. "But we're on a cliff." I said. "Uh, overlooking a thousand-foot drop." Adora said looking down. "Yes, we are! But not for long!" They laughed and jumped down, disappearing into the clouds. 

I literally panicked. "Glimmer?? Bow??" I called, but nobody answered. 

A sound of a rock rising flooded the area, suddenly, our friends appeared from the clouds, smiling at us. "Come on, you two! Jump!" I stared at them from my spot. "(Y/N), take my hand." I held Adora's hand tighly and we ran and jumped towards our friends.

I heard Adora gasp and she lost her balance, almost falling on her butt if it wasn't for me. "Are you okay?" Bow came over to us. "Yeah, we're fine." I helped Adora up and she gazed behind us. "I thought I saw-- I'm just stressed..."