Chapter 37

Perhaps it is a living thing. Yes, that's it. It's a living thing that dugged into my flesh through my hands, and crept up into my bones and blood and spread into my entire body. That's the only explanation. My pain is truly a living thing. 

Mother reacted to all my attacks, absorving them, the bloodstains on her soul and all the evil things she had done, and like a wild creature in the hands of a cruel hunter, it lashed out, and burned me. Or maybe it absorbed the malice blackening my heart and rebounded upon me, as it must. I messed up.

"Giving up so quickly my dear?"

I don't know how much time we've been like this, hurting each other, re charging to the stone and starting again. Days? Maybe months? Years? I know exactly where everything went wrong. Was it me? Was it my wish to come here?

Even now, I could heard my friends trying to cheer me up. And I would smile at the memory of us all together, no matter how much time has passed, I could remenber them perfectly. And it seems it made Mother angry, because everytime I smiled she would yelled out how pathetic I was to even try.

"I'm okay, Mother." She groaned loudly and attacked me with a galactic glast, seinding me flying towards a meteor. I groaned in pain and stared at the former queen of Etheria. She was crying. She's cleaning her tears quickly, they were beautiful, almost looking like glass.

"Why won't you DIE?! Why won't you just disappear like everyone else?! The others disappeared trying to STOP me! You imbecile think YOU can be different?!"

Mother was so mad. Maybe at me, maybe at herself, maybe at everyone that crossed her path when she was still human. I messed up.

"Why are you so mad!? Why did you do it?! Why did you want me to be here then?!" I shouted again, standing on the meteor to look directly into her eyes with an angry gaze. "It wasn't their fault! They didn't deserve to die! They didn't deserve to be left without their families! Without a home! And yet you-- You destroyed everything!"

"I CREATED A WORLD! FOR THEM! AND THEY REPAYED ME WITH HATRED! The stone--"

I dodged many attacks coming from the queen, she was enfuriated by my fast moves that she almost destroyed a whole panet just to get to me. I panted heavily with my eyes widened in horror as I saw the ruined planet. "The stone-- STOP! Help--STOP!! Inside--!"

That voice, it sounded like Mother, but so much more softer. Afraid. She's afraid.

Mother only shout out a loud, piercing scream as she grabbed me with her hole hand. "He brought this upon m-- Stone-- NO!! Inside--!"

I could feel her, but I couldn't breath. I screwed my eyes shut and clenched my fists, punching the hand I was trapped into with my magic, until my fist pierced the cosmic palm of the queen, surprising even her as I heard her gasp in pain. 'Stone'... 'Inside'... The stone is inside her?

I averted my eyes and with forcefully made my way into Mother, I could feel all the power concentrated in her and it was making me sick. I flew up her arm as she screamed in panic and in agony, she even tried to open her own body to let me out. 

"STOP! NOO!!! THE STONE IS MINE!! MINE!!!"

I reached her torso, and while the shouts and screams from the queen were muffled by her cosmical body I only could stare at my stone, it looked beautiful, just like Shadow Weaver described it. I could see galaxies, universes, stars, it had a similar shape between the black garnet and the moonstone, giving me much to wonder as I flew closer to my stone.

"I'm sorry for taking me so long... But I am here now." I muttered as I touched the stone with my palms, feeling the power through my body more powerful than ever. "I promise I won't do the same mistakes... You didn't deserve this." I closed my eyes and joined my forehead with the cold stone.