Chapter 43

// No POV //

Glimmer grabbed the chair from her cell and threw it against the barrier that keeps her from running away from that place, it didn't even make a scratch and the princess was growing insane by this. At least until a familiar voice sounded from the other side. "Hey there, princess. How's the escape going?"

Catra has been there with her since the beginning, and that being a long week. A long week that leaves a rotten taste in her mouth. They are enemies, Glimmer knows, but she doesn't understand why Catra keeps trying to be the bad guy here. Your thoughts have kept her from falling asleep, she remembers your cold words to Catra, and sadly, it has already happened.

"You again. Why do you keep coming here?" Glimmer turned away from the cat to sit on her bed. "Just... Bored, I guess." Catra said, but her expression told Glimmer otherwise. "No, I mean, Horde Prime told you not to talk to me. He's gonna catch you eventually. Why risk it?"

Catra looked away, her ears falling down slightly. Glimmer's eyes averted in surprise, not expecting that reaction coming from her. "You're lonely, aren't you?"

"What do you know? You're the prisoner here. I can go where I want. So, stay here by yourself for all I care." Catra turned around but was stopped by the Glimmer's voice. "Okay, okay. You're right. It helps having someone to talk to. Even if you're the last person I'd ever wanna be stuck here with..." Catra chuckled at this, turning her head to look at the princess. "Trust me, Sparkles, the feeling is mutual."

Glimmer smiled at this, and soon Catra did too. They stepped closer to the barrier separating them and sat back with back. "So, what would you be doing if you were back on Etheria right now and not, you know, a prisoner on an alien ship."

"I guess maybe..." Glimmer looked down at her hands. "Maybe I'd go teleporting all around Etheria, visiting the other princesses in their kingdoms... If it were really a perfect day, Bow, Adora, (Y/N) and I would be having a sleepover..." Glimmer chuckled, but she stopped rather soon just by thinking about the last conversation between you and her. "I would..." She sighed. "If only I could have said the right words... She would have stayed with me..."

"You mean (Y/N)...?" Catra didn't need to turn around to know the answer to her question. "It was pretty obvious that Adora felt something for her since the beginning... But I didn't want to see it, nor acknowledge it..." Glimmer let out a small sob. "You don't know how much it hurt to see them together..."

Catra looked down, hugging her legs. "Believe me, Sparkles... I do know..."

Not all the times were sad, Glimmer thought, you would always spend time with all of them instead of studying, Bow would always tell you to go back and Adora would let you sneak out. Glimmer remembered the time when you used to throw her sparkles just to have some fun when she was in a bad mood. Her mother would make them clean the room until it was shinning.

"I didn't know you could feel so much against them... But who are you even mad at? Adora? Or (Y/N)?" Catra found herself asking, their last conversation was yesterday and these exact feelings were cried out in a non-pleasant way. Catra didn't know why she was even mad anymore, was it because Adora abandoned her? Because you fell in love with her? Because you two are together?

"I'm mad at myself." Catra's eyes widened and this time she did turn to look at the princess, but she didn't return the look.

"Not only did I lost respect in myself after that but I lost them too. I only cared about myself and started doing so many egotistical actions... Now, I don't even know if they want me back as a friend..." Glimmer hid her face between her knees, trying to suppress her tears. Catra sighed, looking away and getting up. "I'm sure they will accept you back faster than me..."