Chapter 40

Oceans. The ones around the Kingdom of Snows. Not pure blue, some icy greys mixed into it. The color was gorgeous, especially for eyes. They were as gorgeous as the person who owned them. And I loved her eyes.

Adora moved her hand to my waist, tentatively pulling at my belt, hoping I would get the message. And I did.

I sighed, our lips never parting as her other hand held my jaw, I moved my legs so Adora could pull me onto her lap, tilting her chin up slightly, kissing deeper and harder than before. I wrapped my legs around Adora's waist, locking my feet together as I threaded my hand through Adora's hair. 

It was intoxicating, overwhelming and indescribable. Adora's touch was electrifying, burning my unclothed area. And her sighs. They made me just want to melt there and then. Adora moved her hand to rest behind my neck, playing with my (H/C) strands of hair as I leaned back, resting my head on hers. A soft moan left my lips, and I felt Adora smile.

I was not only feeling love, but warmth, pain, frustration, longing.

"I missed you so much... Please, don't ever leave me again... I need you..."

"I'm sorry Adora... I'm so sorry..."

Adora moaned, crashing our lips together faster than before. Adora was oblivius. Oblivious to all the signs and signals.

Hours we spent in each others arms, the moon disappearing, the sky blurring into an array of pinks and oranges, and it was the time to go looking for Glimmer and Scorpia. I was waiting for them in the war room, with the sword.

She had left the sword with me. Her sword. No... Their sword.

...

I mumbled many things, lowering my head until my jaw was touching my neck. I had to do it, that sword was the key to find my stone, but it's also the key to destruction.

(P/N) landed on my shoulder, making me look at him with a small smile, but I frowned once I glanced once again at the sword. I stood up from the chair, walking slowly until I was in front of the weapon, staring at the stone intently as my owl flew away, knowing very well when I was in a bad mood for anything.

Slowly but surely, my hand went to the stone, prepared to destroy it for everyone's sake. I closed my eyes as I felt my magic flowing through my body and into the stone. The power I was feeling was amazing, familiar, it almost seemed like my own, and in a way, it was.

I'm sorry Adora...

I could feel it breaking from inside, the magic in it vanishing so slowly, I clenched my teeth slightly, shivering in regret as I kept looking down at the sword with forming tears. I didn't stop. I have to destroy it, it's the only way to save them, to save Etheria from being destroyed.

"(Y/N)!!" I looked up only to find a rope capturing me against the wall, breaking the connection with the stone from the sword. My eyes widened as I looked at Bow and Adora in the door, staring at me with averted eyes, they looked so betrayed. Adora went for the sword, grabbing it and looking at the stone, then back to me, her glare boring into my soul.

"Why...? Why would you do this?!" She screamed at me, not once breaking eye contact. I didn't try to escape from the ropes, I knew Bow would capture me again, even if he knew I was more powerful than him, they knew I wouldn't try anything against them. "You know as much as I do that the sword is the key to destruction! It's the only way to save Etheria, Adora! The sword has to be destroyed!"

"So you tried to destroy it without even consulting us?? (Y/N) I thought we were friends!" Bow said, muttering the last part. "You are doing exactly what Glimmer would do now..."