"Wow babe, I can feel the love."

The next few weeks fly by quickly, and I'm enveloped in a perfect bubble full of Nick. Living with him has been hectic, I must say. I have never had to put down a toilet seat so many times before, and Nick's bedroom floor is made out of dirty laundry.

No one knows that I'm dating Nick yet besides the boys. I can't tell Alyssa because I know she'll freak out and run her mouth to everyone. The guilt has been eating at me every day because she's my best friend, I'm supposed to tell her everything. However, if people find out about our relationship it will get back to Nick's father eventually, so he made me promise not to tell anybody.

I don't mind it much though. In the hallways his hand will slightly brush up against mine, or he'll pull me behind a corner and kiss me until I'm breathless.

As of now, I'm sprawled on my bed watching The Vampire Diaries while eating a bowl of fruit. Damon Salvatore is my reason for breathing, and there's no one I would rather spend my Friday night staring at. I turn over onto my stomach and kick my legs up in the air, smiling as I chew another strawberry.

"Why are you so obsessed with that guy?" Nick says, walking into the room and laying on top of me. I groan under his way and try getting up, but to no avail.

"First of all, do not call him 'that guy'. His name is Damon Salvatore and he is my husband. Second, get off of me before you crush my lungs and kill me you hippo!" I say in a strained voice, kicking my legs.

"Wow babe, I can feel the love," Nick says sarcastically and I can hear the pout in his voice. My goodness, he is so cute. As soon as his weight leaves me I jump up and leap on him, forcing him back on my bed. I lay on top of him as I giggle, and he scowls at me.

I peck his lips and smile at him, and he finally gives in and smiles brightly back at me.

"You know you're my favorite guy in real life Nick, no need to get jealous," I tell him and flick his nose. He playfully bites my finger and butterflies ripple through my stomach. I blush and hide my face in the crook of his neck, feeling him chuckle.

"Hey Nick," I start and sit up, sitting across from him. "Can I have Alyssa over this weekend? Please? I haven't really gotten to see her since my parents, you know... kicked me out. And since I live here now this is the only place we could actually go. If you don't want her here I'll understand-,"

He gently kisses me, cutting off my rambling session. I shyly smile at him, suddenly nervous. Nick has the power to do that to me. Just one look from him and my cheeks flame up. His touch drives me crazy and ignites every nerve in my body.

"Of course you can have her over Nadine," he says, but then frowns. "We just have to try and not let her find out about us... okay? If my father finds out about us, I don't know what he would do to you. I wouldn't put anything past him. He's a monster."

His hands are clenched into tight fists, and he's slightly shaking. Seeing Nick like this scares me. Just the thought of his father, the man who abused and tortured him, is enough to fill Nick with a hatred that turns my blood cold. Seeing his eyes darken and his face turn stony... it scares me. A lot.

But I would never admit that to him.

I gently grasp his hands and pry them open, clasping mine around him.

"Thank you Nick, and he won't hurt us. No one is going to find out, and even if they do we'll be ready. Don't worry about me, okay? I'll be fine."

He just kisses me and then goes back downstairs, presumably starting dinner. In other words, he's going to make macaroni and heat up the spaghetti I made the other night.

I scramble around my room until I find my phone, ready to call Alyssa. However, the message I got from a random number stops me, and the goosebumps rise on my arms as I read it.