Chapter 3: Cut Ties

“Yeah, sure”

Soon, silence took over, no one talked, and they only took sips, Error's soul tugging on the golden magic string once in a while, but no one could see that.

“I haven't seen you around, new or something?”, the older one broke the silence, “I'm not usually around, I went home to check on this little fella”, Error petted the cat, receiving a little purr and meow from it, “I think I've seen that cat before... What is its name?”, Geno asked, his eye glimming of curiosity and his soul beaming a déjà vu feeling, “Mistake, and it's a she”, Error took a sip of his coffee, and soon Geno too drank with him.

“Four”, the one with the newly black tear marks states, “What?”, Geno question with shock and confusion, “Call me Four”, Error lied, his soul had made a little ache, but the God ignored it.

“Geno”, the one eyed skeleton shot back, making the God nod while taking a sip, “I think I've seen this cat before...”, the older skeleton put a finger on his chin as he reached out to pet the calico cat, Mistake soon just took a look before leaning in and cuddling with the older's hand, “Is she always this friendly?”, Geno questions to the younger, petting the cat in the back of her ear, “Of course~ Take it from me~”, another voice joined in, in front of the two, was death himself.

Reaper soon reached out to pet the cat, touching its head, only to be bitten and scratched, Reaper was bitten real hard, blood even seeped through, “FUCK-”, Reaper tried shaking Mistake off, shaking it up and down, only to be bitten harder, the two skeletons look dumbfounded at the reaper, “Yeah, sure, you sure are good at cats”, a certain masochist deadpanned with a sarcastic tone.

After some shaking, the cat jumped back to her owner, Error, “Anyway, I need to go”, the skeleton stood up, with his cat, “Bye Gens”, he walks out from the shop, leaving a confused older skeleton, another wave of déjà vu hit him, where has he heard that nickname?

_______________

“Erry! Can you help me out lil bro?”, a young one eyed glitch skeleton calls out for his younger brother, his right hand whisking the flour and sugar lightly while he held the bowl with his left hand.

“What did you call me?”, a head suddenly popped out next to the older brother, making him jump a little, “Erry, got a problem with that?”, Geno giggles, “Yeah! Why do you use that stupid nickname! And even mom uses it now!”, the younger glares, huffing and puffing his cheeks, making the older chuckle, “Cause it's cute and nice! Why can't I give you one? Now go get Fresh and ask him to help with this brownie as well!”, the older eye balled the cocoa powder and the cinnamon, whisking it all together before adding the egg.

“Alright! But that means I have to give you one too!”, the young glitch puffed out, “Go right ahead lil bro!”, the young eldest giggles at the cuteness of his younger brother.

The younger put a finger on his chin, thinking of a nickname, before putting that finger up, with an 'Ah! I got it!', the older seem to beam of curiosity, “And that is?”, he questions his brother, “Gens!”, the brother glims.

Silence filled the room for a moment before the older started to snort and laugh, “What?!!”, the glitch blushed out, “No no! It's just-”, the older continued to laugh and wheeze, “It's just what?!!”, the younger groans, “No! It's just so you Erry!”, the older headlocks his brother and gives him a knuckle sandwich as the room fills with laughter.

_______________

“What?”, a skeleton with a glitch cloud turned around from the hill of stars in a copy of Outertale, his head looking at the ground behind him, to see nothing at all, but he felt as if someone called his name for a second.

“What is it Gen?”, the skeleton perked up at the deep voice, spinning his head back, he was met with the hollow eyes and the cocky smile of Reaper in front of him, too close in front of him.

Geno blushed at this and pushed the God of death away, hiding his face in his scarf, the reaper stumbled back at this, “What?”, the God questions, “You were being too close for comfort...”, the one eyed skeleton mumbles quietly, looking away, making the reaper chuckle.

Both sitting down under a tree, the God of death questions, “Why did ya turn around Gen?”, the one known as Geno seem to look down in confusion, a part of his face still in his scarf, “I don't know... Just... Some kind of... Memory or feeling like... Someone called me?”, the answer sounded more like a question as the skeleton was unsure himself.

Reaper just let out a low chuckle, whispering parts as, “Must've been the wind” and continuing with, “Maybe it's your Soulstring”.

That line made the wounded skeleton perk up, “Hey Reaper?”, he called out, earning a 'Hm?' from the other.

“What's a 'Soulstring'?”

“Ah, well, Geno...”

_______________

A Soulstring is a golden string of magic that shows the bond of siblings from other AUs, unlike Papyrus' and Sans', these are only shown to exist from Sans' from other AUs, such as Dream and Nightmare.

This string of magic can only be seen once all the siblings are together, which will make the Soulstring connect from each other, and can only be seen by the said siblings.

The string will create a special bond, so that no siblings' blood will fall into the other's hands, and no sibling can hurt the other, the string and soul refuses it.

Instead, the magic will check and help the other, making sure of injuries, and healing the said injuries, taking care of the other.

However, the Soulstring can be cut off, allowing the ability to hurt the other, the said way is either one of the siblings' soul gets corrupted by magic, such as Nightmare and the apple, or the string is cut off by both of the said siblings, with their magic and drop of each's soul, when they land on the string, it will burn the string, causing the bond to shatter and break.

And causing their relationships to drift away...

_______________

As the Reaper was done, he looked to see his little Geno's eye socket glimming and in the verge of tears.

“Are you crying?”, the God chuckled, causing the skeleton to wipe his tears and shake his head, “Why are you crying Gen?”, Reaper questions, prying Geno's hands away from his face, “N-No, it's just that... Why w-would they want to c-cut ties?”, the small skeleton stutters, causing the taller to chuckle and hug the smaller in a way of comfort.

“I don't know.... But...”

“He sure is glad you'll never want to....”

“Cut ties”
__________________________________________

Geno has NO idea...