Chapter 15: Two Cut Brothers

“Hey... Delta?”, a soon-to-be God looked around the surroundings, searching for a Creator who is his own mentor.

Looking around, his eye lands on a raven haired male wearing a black cloak in the center of the trees, his blue mystique orbs shining in the moonlight, yet the surrounding mist just floating around, whipping his hair around the wind.

The surrounding mist suddenly struck to the said male, covering his identity once more to look like a minor mist of air, to look mysterious.

“What do you need, Reaper?”, once knowing that it was simply the all too familiar soon to be God of death he chose, the mist liquified, only surrounding the said figure all around him, the temperature dropping.

“Funny how you let that 'mysterious' mist of yours drop when only I'm here, Delta”, Reaper said sarcastically, clearly unenthusiastic about the whole mystic and mysterious thing.

“You're pretty cocky for a fourteen-year-old, Renrik”, Delta snapped which made Reaper snaps back at his own mentor at, “Don't you say that name!”, he growls, making Delta grin in amusement, “Oh, right! You're pretty sensitive about your f-”, this time, death took out his scythe and directed it towards the said mentor.

Delta's grin widens, “You can put that down now, Reaper. You wanted to meet me for a reason after all”, he hums, Reaper hesitantly put down his weapon, disintegrating it into air and dust, Reaper clicked his tongue in annoyance, the surrounding air started to freeze into the thickness of the atmosphere.

Delta walked of to a nearby tree, leaning on it, “So...”, he trails off thinking.

“Is this about your first victim?”, his black beady eyes look up at the night sky, jackpot, Reaper flinched, “I'll take that as a yes...”.

Reaper grit his teeth, his body shaking, his mind racing, sudden negative questions filled his head, 'What if Delta wants me to murder him this instant?!! What if...', Delta cut his train of thoughts, “I won't make you reap his soul”, death looked up at his mentor, “W-What?”, “You heard me. I won't force you to reap him”.

This shocked Reaper, he didn't expect this from Delta, he expected Delta to be more cold and sinister, for Alpha to be the kind one...

“Don't get too startled, kid. I may not be as kind as my brother, Alpha. But that doesn't mean I'm too cold or sinister, I know that look all too well”, Delta glares at his pupil, receiving a hesitant nod, “To add to that, if Geno were to die, Destroyer would turn emotionless and cold and even would try to murder his own younger brother. He'd bring total destruction to the Multiverse instead of balance. So we'd have to keep him alive for Destroyer's own sanity, you'd understand”, the mentor shifted his glance up.

The mist started to reform around him and hook up around him, yet again making his own appearance more mysterious, “You better get going, your father's looking for you and if you don't come back in fifteen minutes, might as well start searching for another God of Death”, Reaper flinched in imagine to the beating, his scars and bruises started to sting.

“I'll see you next time, Reaper”, the mist disappeared without a spare second, leaving the said only skeleton in the middle of the forest with his head hung low and scars and bruises stinging.

“Need a stay? I'm sure that father of yours would be real mad once you're home. Just say that you're sleeping in a friend's house, he won't get too mad”, Reaper shot his head at who it was, his jaw shivered a bit, “N-Nightmare? E-Error?”, two skeletons were in his eyesight, a glitching one with his hood up leaning on a tree, clearly looking grim with negative emotions emitting from him, his arms in his black hoodie's pockets.