Chapter 17: What A Great Morning

“Oh- You're awake”.

Nightmare's eye flutter open, adjusting to the light in the room, and slowly, his vision shifted from blurs to different objects, now he saw that he was laying down on a bed, the bed felt warm and cozy and soft, but somehow, his body felt wet and cold.

That's when memories rushed in, and with a tired face, he sat up slowly, placing his hand on his head in confusion and exhaustion, he asked, “What happened?”, he looks up to... A familiar black teared skeleton- Killer? He was expecting someone else.

Taking in a breath, Killer grins, “Well, Crossy boy and Error brought your shitty ass back here. And gee you look like a fucking messed up squid!”, Killer explained, chucking a bit at the end, but Nightmare's eyes widen in confusion at the last word, “Squid?-”, the corrupted skeleton then felt something wiggling next to him, and looking to the side, he saw something that would make anyone freaked- A gooey tentacle.

“WHAT IS THIS?!!”, he tensed, making footsteps rush in concern, and the door swung open to reveal a Mexi- I mean Cross.

(A/N: I really gotta stop calling Cross a Mexican Oreo-)

With a pant, Cross walked towards Killer with a frustrated face, “Killer! You were supposed to make sure he doesn't panic!”, Killer snapped back at him just as how second year middle schoolers would, “Well, what the fuck am I supposed to do to the little shit?!! I don't know what to do?!!”.

And with a sigh, “Go downstairs and watch Rick And Morty or something...”, Cross dismisses the skeleton, and after hearing the door close, Nightmare snapped out of his own thoughts, “Anyway, how are you feeling? I and Error found you leaning against a tree in the forest around your house”, Cross took out some wrapped candy out of his white fluffy jacket, and popped one of the lemon citric candy in his mouth, sucking on it in the inside, “Want some?”, he waved the said candy up in the air.

“No, thank you... I'm just... Really startled about this-”, “We don't care. You're still Nightmare”, Cross cut him off, his tongue swirled on the candy before placing it in between his molars and premolars, “What?”, he bit the candy hard before finally grinding it and cracking the said candy in three halves, giving out a sickening crack and crunch before talking, “You heard me, right?”, he swallowed the candy- damn that was really fast... Even for me.

“You think we'll leave you once you become corruptible. We're not doing that, Nightmare. You're our friend, we don't leave each other. Your words, not mine”, Cross grins, and this was rare, sure, Cross smiles, but not often, they know him as the plain monochrome skeleton who cusses in Mexican and has a contact name of 'Mono Mexicano Oreo'.

(A/N: You know me well, I can't stop. It's too good.)

“You know what...”, Nightmare smiles up at the monochrome skeleton, his tentacles relaxing at last, “Some candy won't hurt”.

__________________________

After the conversation, the three agreed on checking their social media and talk through the chatroom while a certain skeleton from the three took the time to heat up more water for more coffee.

[]Bad Manzion[]
GuyWithAKnife:
I'm fucking bored as fuck...

DustyHood:
It's 3 in the fucki morninu

GuyWithAKnife:
I hear talking from the floor below and a girly screech, who was that?

AngelSlut:
Who changed my name?