Chapter 6: Opportunity

In the night, almost everyone was asleep, Nightmare went out a few minutes ago to do his job since Delta requested him to do so, and everyone else was just asleep.

All but one tho.

A red scarfed skeleton woke up from his slumber, his throat feeling dry, he was thirsty.

The skeleton stretched out, popping a few bones, and stood up to walk to the kitchen to get some water.

As he grabbed a cup and filled it up, it was then did he realized something was off, 'Were the lights always on in the kitchen?', his mind wanders.

Geno stopped the water and lift it up to his mouth to gulp it down, feeling the cold refreshing taste linger from his tongue to the back of his throat.

“A snack couldn't hurt right?”, he murmured quietly to himself, opening the fridge doors and rubbing his only eye socket, yawning a bit before taking a piece of chocolate from the fridge.

“Isn't that mine?”, a sudden voice made him jolt in surprise, dropping the bar of chocolate in the process, Geno shot his head around to be met with a figure sitting on the counter, and soon let out a sigh of relief to see it was only Error.

“Why are you still awake?”, the older yawned out, grabbing the chocolate bar from the ground and throwing it towards the sitting skeleton on the counter, the said black bone skeleton catching it, unwrapping the bar, and nibbling the bar with a muffled 'Thanks'.

With a hum the elder took another bar out of the fridge, taking a bit out and then chewing it, he questions the younger, “So?”.

The God of destruction also took another bite out of his chocolate and said, “Nightmares, you should know... You did just remember everything yesterday... Now I ask you, how does it feel? Like, the first time, I wouldn't know... I remembered from the beginning”, the red skeleton walked next to his brother, leaning on the counter and sighing while looking at the tiled floors, “It's... A lot to take in... Knowing your little bro is the so called 'Destroyer Of Multiverses'...”, Geno chuckles.

“Yeah. I bet it was”, the younger said, while silence filled the air, it was actually comfortable, not the type of silence that would make everything awkward, the comfortable one.

“And so... Still... None of you told me why you all destroy, you promised me that you'd tell me this night, and if you look at the time it's about one thirty AM here”, Geno said, his gaze shifting to his brother's eye lights, the younger looked down in shame, his mood dropping, “Have you heard of... The Safehaven Oasis?...”

________________

It was an Oasis of Creators, people with huge creativity made AUs, and AMs, and even some Fanfics.

There, they release all their creativity to bring life to characters, the people who create main AUs, or as we call the Mains, are people whose ideas were spread worldwide and due to their far wide spread of imaginations and creativity, were able to bring their creations to life with a cost, once their creations reach the age of fifteen, they need to be let go to the Multiverse with no memories of their Creators.

And because not many Creators were able to do so, some grew jealous, and soon tried to attack, and to protect the Mains, two Creators decided that it was enough and brought the Mains to a village behind a mountain, and sealed the entrance so no other can come in, they were Alpha and Delta.

Many were happy, but soon, all good things came to an end.

The two Creators found that the Multiverse was too overcrowded, and it was too old, nothing was new.