Chapter 16: Stay Alive

Once upon a time, not too long ago in the Safehavens, there were two brothers, twins as you can say, brought to life by a wonderful Creator who loved and cherish them.

The two grew up together, back then, there was no day when they would be apart, it was like their own Soulstrings were pulling them together, their own souls wavering and not wanting to have been drifted apart.

But then they did, after time, they began to grow farther away.

Once a certain Creator announced to the family that the older twin would be the God of Negativity, they didn't take it very well- knowing that soon he'd be a corrupted embodiment of negativity and evil, and so they grew more and more distant every day, and soon after, the younger was picked to be the God of Positivity, which made the crack between them larger.

The mother also seemed to be affected, because as the time moved forward, all she had did was shown love and support to only the younger twin, spoiling him despite his own argues to not have him being spoiled.

While the older was drifted away from the family, being an outcast to them, he now prefers to be all alone and staying like that, although, deep inside, he can feel it every single day, his Soulstring tugging him to run up to his younger twin just to hug and state his love to him, to embrace the younger and fix the cracks separating them, but seeing as his younger enjoyed it- he didn't want to interrupt.

“It's all for the sake of my younger twin”, is what he'd always say when people question his decisions, why he'd rather be alone, and it grew even more when he saw his twin having fun with other people in elementary, he's seen his twin with the future Creation and another positive blue skeleton, having fun and even making a group and calling themselves the 'Starry Souls' for their positivity.

While at that time, Nightmare had met his own group of friends, they were all rejects of the world, in which one was an old friend who would turn into the said Destroyer.

It honestly suited Nightmare, he loved being with people who had these experiences, being rejects from their places, towns, and even to their own Creators, it reminded him that he wasn't alone, one was even abused by his Creator for being a failure to the point that he had run away.

There was Horror, even if he had a huge crack in his skull, the guy was pretty smart- even though he did some really stupid things just to make his friends laugh- including eating a whole ass chair, people think he's weird and cannibalistic, but to be honest, Horror was just misunderstood, like the rest of them.

Then there was Dust, he was probably the youngest of the group, but Dust would act mature at some points- not to mention being the only one to calm Horror and Killer down when ever they did something stupid, he had a brother, but due to an accident, he was murdered and Dust was deemed as a heartless killer, but behind those insults was a smart and nerdy kid who would try to help his friends all he can- even if he had his own mental problems.

After that, comes Killer, no eyes, and black tears due to the nights of abuse from his Creator, scars were littered everywhere and sometimes he'd come to school with even more cuts and bruises- but despite that, he was the most childish and cheery, even though he mainly cusses a lot, but Killer was always the one to crack a laugh, and he would do whatever it takes, even to the point of hitting his place where the sun don't shine at a hard pole- yeah he doesn't talk about that again...

Horror then introduced Lust, a shy student, but he was bullied by the whole school for dressing up with revealing clothing, people called him a whore, slut, lip shit, they called him names that he wasn't, but Lust didn't care when he was with Horror, he felt safe... And behind those insults, Lust was actually the most caring of the group, the only thing making people see the way he is now is his past job he was forced to do...