LOVE. SPELL. S3. P24

24*

Shehnaaz had to wait and  starve  for five long days and what she wished for, happened finally.  She was not tired with self harming  but her  fragile body was unable to bear with so much strain.  She was literally dragging  herself  towards the bed last night. 

That morning Sidharth left the bed but she was still sleeping. Sidharth was a little taken aback because she was quite an early riser . However,  he didn't break her sleep and  went to the drawing room to have tea.  Bharti was  feeding Moon while Joey was with his grandma. 
_' Sana kaha hain? ' Rita Ji asked.
_' so rhi hain. ' he replied  when getting into the washroom.
_' Itni der tak kabhi nehi soyi hain wo. Aj kya ho geya? 'Rita Ji muttered. 
Shehnaaz did not like to have tea without washing her face and mouth.  So Rita Ji didnot  bring her tea in the room.

One hour passes by while  she was  still  in the bed  and Sidharth  read some articles from the newspaper ,  took shower,  spends a while with his kids and   got ready for the University. 
_' Mom,  zyada khana mat dena. Bhukh nehi hain. ' He shouted from the breakfast table.  After so many days Rita Ji is  serving him his meal.  Shehnaaz does this  with some excess amount of love  every morning. But today she has decided not to do that for him. 

_' Abhi tak so rhi hain? ' Sidharth  felt a little weird,  because it was very unusual  for her.  Then he started having his breakfast.  He was getting late for his University. 

When Bharti tried to feed Joey,  he cried out  loudly as  usual  .  He was missing his mother's lap  since the  morning  ,  he just wanted his mother  to  hug  him and feed him  .  Being  ignored by Shehnaaz,  Joey started screaming  badly.   Rita Ji was surprised to see Shehnaaz did not wake up even with Joey's cry. That was very unnatural  because she just  can't hear her son crying  , she at once runs to him  leaving everything  behind. 

Rita Ji  went to Shehnaaz room  to check if she was okay. Shehnaaz who was starving since five days,  was lying unconscious. 
_'Oh God  !  Sid ! Sana behosh ho geyi  !' Rita Ji cried out.

Hearing this  Sidharth rushed in the room and saw Rita Ji is shaking  Shehnaaz's body and  sprinkling water on her face.  This is the first time in  almost  two weeks when he looked at her face  and spent more than  a second in  the stare. 
Rita Ji said _' I knew it would happen.  Wo khana nehi kha rhi thi  kuch din se. '
Rita Ji started weeping and  rubbing Shehnaaz's palm.  At that very moment
Sidharth noticed  every change in her body that he's been ignoring   since  a few days.  She is terribly thin , her limbs are only bones  without  flesh ,  her skin is  dried  out the dark circles  under her eyes were the proof of how sick she was. 

_'  Why didn't you tell me earlier!  Mom,  ye kya ho geya  !' His voice rumbled in the room. 
_'  Stop  this drama   !  Uspar torture karna  khatam ho geya tera?  Ya aur bhi baki hain?  Baki hain to pura karle ,  kuch chhut na jaye. '
Sidharth did not reply to his mom and  carried Shehnaaz's senseless body to his car.  Rita Ji didnot come with him.  She  stayed  with Joey and Moon. 

*    *     *

_' What kind of  family  she's living in ? Oh God ,  this is ridiculous  ! ' The lady doctor  exclaimed with  so much antipathy in her voice .  No wonder,  she was very outspoken and didn't  hesitate to criticize those who deserve. 
Sidharth was  looking at the ground,  silent.
_' Aap itne pare likhe hain, aapko itna bhi nehi pata keyse ek ladki ko depression affect karta hain after she becomes a mother ?  Kya lagta hain aap logoko,  being a mom is very easy right? '
_'  How is she now ? Thik hone main kitna waqt lagega ? '
_' Don't try to pretend  . I know  how much you people care  ! Your wife  was depressed and she has been fasting since  a week ! How can people be so irresponsible!  Even to their own family!  '

_'  She was not depressed.  Believe me doctor.  Wo always khush rehti thi. Mujhe bilkul bhi nehi pata tha  , usne khana bandh kar diya hain. Mujhe nehi pata usne eysa kiyun kiya. '

_' Yes yes that's a truly valid excuse Mr Sidharth.  Kiyun pata hoga,  aapki responsibility thodi na hain ?  Huh, this is the reality of so called highly educated society  !  Parelikhe log  , the upper class ! Eyse care karte hain apni wife  ki.  Ek ladki apne liye Jina chhor deti hain  . Their worlds turn around their children,  their husbands .  And their husbands behave like this . This is their true face ! I don't even feel pity on them. '

_' Please doctor.  Stop commenting on things you don't really know. ' Sidharth said in a suppressed angry tone. 
_' Why won't I ?  Eyse families ke against domestic violence ka case karna chahiye.  Chale aate hain  treatment  ke liye . Careless,  irresponsible  , rude ......' She continues  penetrating him  with her  sharp words.
Sidharth could not tolerate any longer.  He shouted _' You know the truth?  She said she's exhausted  and bored with her life.  Bachcho ko palna usko boring lagta hain.  Isliye maine caregivers hire kiya and without any reason she stopped eating!  That's what happened. Humlog koi  jallad nehi hain jo usko torture karenge , marne ke liye chhor denge.  '
_' Achcha!  Exhausted ?  Bored ?
To aapki only  25  or 26 years old wife jo do bachche ki maa hain, usne  4 months continuously  service  dene ke baad  tired hoke do char baatain kya kehe diya , aapko usse aag lag geya? No no . Aapke point of view se bilkul sahi hain.  Weyse ,  baap banne ke baad  you too  must have spent  a lot of sleepless nights  taking care of your kids  right?' She asked. 
_' No .  She did everything  by herself.  Usko kisike help ki zarurat nehi  parti thi. '

_' Waah ! Amazing ! You are a very logical person, I can see.  One 25 years old mom of twins needed absolutely  no help to rear the babies!  That's the strangest thing I heard in the recent past  ! If you still think you are no guilty then it's my fault that I tried to make you feel that.  I'm sorry .  You are a perfect example of a good and caring  husband! '
Sidharth could not answer anymore. 
The doctor faked a smile and said _' We are very pleased to see you care so much for your wife  . Ab aap andar jaake  further scene create nehi kare to bohut achcha hoga.  We are trying our best to cure her as early as possible. '
The nurses were looking at her with admiring eyes .
_ ' See,  this is called bold.  Keyse dho diya scientist  ko! ' whispered one of them.
Shehnaaz was under medical procedure. They didn't allow him to enter into her cabin.

*    *    *

Sidharth never felt so embarrassed in his life. Embarrassed  for his own  actions.  He felt very low and guilty.  His conscience  reprimanded him to no end _' Didn't you know, she was very innocent? Had she ever tried to escape from her duties? No.  Never. Not for a single day she stopped showing her love for you. You shouldn't  regret  if she leaves your house.  You don't deserve a girl like her. '
His heart was so heavy with this guilt that he broke into tears in front of the hospital  staffs . 
_' Maine  kya kar diya Shehnaaz ? Mujhse itni si bhi galti nehi ho sakti  thi ?  Maine to kabhi bhi tumse tumhare  bachcho ko alag nehi kiya , then why are you punishing me so much ?  Mujhe insulted feel nehi hua doctor  ki baat se aur hua bhi to kya?  I don't care.  Please baby , bass  tum  thik ho jao, please please please!  Main Jo ko keyse samhalunga?  Wo ro roke thak geya hain.  If not for me, at least come back for your Joey!  Just  think about him for once.  He can't be without you. '
He  said everything  loudly while crying. He really didn't care , whoever else was hearing his confession .