LOVE SPELL. S3. P30

30*

_' Sidharth,  ab to uth Jao !   Go take a shower !' Shehnaaz almost shouted after calling him more than five times .  Sidharth opened one eye,  saw she is in a silk bathrobe drying her wet hair with a towel  and the babies are already dressed up and lying inside a wall made of pillows .
_' Chai nehi diya abhi tak? ' he asked in a lazy voice.
_' Nehi.  Uth Jao baby.  Balcony main jaake dekho, it's such a pleasant morning !  Lake ka paani kitna saaf hain ! Everything is so beautiful.'
Sidharth got off the bed and staggered towards the  lakeside  window .
_' Kahan cigarette milega pata nehi , I really need it yaar! ' he sounded very restless.  Actually  during  the security check at the airport  he lost the only  pack of cigarettes he had  . After that somehow he couldn't buy a new pack . Now he's missing it. 
Shehnaaz tried to console him _' Take it as a chance to quit smoking.'
Sidharth made an irritated face,  then said _' I wish I could.' Then he became busy in playing with the babies. 
_' Sidharth ek help karoge ? Bachcho ko dudh pila doge? Main bana rhi hun. ' Shehnaaz switched on the little electric kettle she brought to prepare the breakfast for the babies. 
_' Joey kulli karke mujhpe faink deta hain. Aur Moon doesn't seem to be hungry. '
He was indirectly denying to feed them . He's just being a bored, irritated and lethargic fellow who just wants a pack of cigarettes.  Shehnaaz understood that and did not ask again.  She said _' Thik hain main pila dungi. You take a shower before the tea comes. ' She poured the milk in two bottles. Then She  kept his toothbrush and a towel on the  top of the little cabinet outside the washroom . He did not pay any attention and  after getting in the washroom he started yelling_' Towel dedo baby, and toothbrush. ' His languid demeanor irked her. Still she goes to hand him those things but the bar of her patience broke when he dragged her inside and  drenched her again under the running shower. 
_' Chhor do ! Chhoro!  Sidharth ! This is too much.' Shehnaaz lashed out as   tried to break the lock of his arms.  
_' This is for what you did last night.' Sidharth was overpowering her and then he rubbed a volume of shower gel on her face and chest.
Shehnaaz could not tolerate it anymore.  She jerked him off and pushed away.
_' You stupid idiot!  I'm screaming  , sunai nehi deta!  Bachche akele hain. Gir geya to kya hoga !'
Sidharth finally let her free. He looked embarrassed. Shehnaaz understood the situation can be worsened if she stays angry. She laughed and rubbed shower gel on his face. He laughed out and became easy again.  Then taking shower together they came out. 
Shehnaaz  handed him the bottles .  He took the punishment happily and started feeding the babies.  
Shehnaaz started getting dressed. She put on a beautiful  turquoise linen shirt paired with a grey chinos.  She packed a huge bag with all the necessary things for the babies.
Sidharth  very efficiently fed Joey so that he could not spit a drop .  In the meanwhile  their tea came. 
After having the tea Sidharth too got ready . They took the babies in the carrier belts then went down to the restaurant area to have their breakfast.

Shehnaaz was hesitant to take the boat ride as she had some kind of phobia of water bodies. After Sidharth insisted her a number of times she finally took a leap and got on the boat.  Their boat ride came out to be absolutely amusing.  They visited Jag Mandir,  Mohan Mandir, Arsi Vilas , Gangur ghat . All of these are different heritage palaces built in the middle of water  or bank of the lake . These white marble palaces  are the epitomes of grandeur of the Rajputana culture.  They were mesmerized by the architecture of those buildings. 

Then they left the Lake Pichola and headed towards the Fateh Sagar Lake as per Sidharth's planning.  It was a beautiful  man  made lake with area about 4 square kilometers and named after Maharana Fateh Singh of Mewar.  A huge boat took them to unwind the shores of Fateh Sagar.  This time Shehnaaz didn't look afraid. Rather she was enjoying the trip.  The boat dropped them in an island inside the lake.  It was mainly a picnic spot.  A few families were there enjoying picnic. 

Getting off the boat they didn't waste much time and set off towards the Sajjangarh Monsoon palace. It was a hilltop marble stone made palatial residence overlooking the Fateh Sagar lake.  King Sajjan Singh created this palace to stay over during the season of Monsoon.  The driver was traveling with them all the time. He said Fateh Sagar looks amazing during heavy rainfall.  And the sound of rain on the lake water feels like the music of a 'Sarangi' .

All these times Joey and Moon were happily having fun but  now as the morning turned into noon they felt tired with the increased heat . Shehnaaz too being exhausted wanted a break . Sidharth asked the driver  to stop by a  family restaurant . The driver is a local of Udaipur, he took them to a big typical Rajsthani  restaurant  that looked like another rajput haveli from outside. 

Shehnaaz  was going through the names of Rajsthani dishes she never heard about.
_' Ye gatte kya hain Sidharth?  Pittod, ker dak, ker sangri!  Yesab kya hain?  I can't understand,  what to order?'
_' Yahaan dekho, daal likhha hain.' Sidharth pointed in the chart. He loves lentil soup, it's his comfort food.
_' Ha,  I know.  Daal pine ka mann kar rha hain na ? But it's daal bati churma.  It must be some kind of crispy thing . Churma means crispy. No? ' Shehnaaz was analysing the names of the recipes. Sidharth was way more confused than her. 
_' Mujhe bhi samjh nehi aarha,  but kya fark parta hain ?  Rajsthani thaali order kardo.  Jo bhi milega kha lenge. ' Sidharth whispered.
_' Ha ! That's good. ' Shehnaaz was convinced. She ordered two Rajsthani thaalis.

They were shocked to see the size of the plate and the number of delicacies they served.  They could not finish the food,  however it was an amazing experience for them to taste those typical Rajsthani recipes .

The babies were hungry too.  Shehnaaz asked the waiter for a little amount of hot water to prepare milk for them . After feeding the babies they left the restaurant and started moving towards  a  popular sunset point, named Badi Talav.  The sky was almost red with the scattered light of the dying sun.  Badi Talav was  a huge  freshwater  reservoir  behind a big old haveli.  The place was moderately crowded . The visitors were standing in the lakeside corridor of the haveli  and waiting for the sunset.  Shehnaaz took some selfies with her family keeping the lake in the background.  Their  day trip ended with the spectacular view of the sunset behind the water of Badi talav.

After that their destination was getting back to the Lake Pichola hotel.  They were contented with the traveling , with the food they had,  with the people they met , with the experiences they gathered throughout the day.  Sidharth was having a conversation with the driver sitting beside him in the car.  Moon was sleeping on his chest.  In the backseat Shehnaaz was almost asleep beside Joey.  Joey was making sounds to join in the conversation with his dad. 
Sidharth looked back at him _' Tera energy alag hi level pe hain beta!'  he said smiling.
Joey replied him in his meaningless gibberish _' pappappapa.' Hearing Joey calling him ' Papa' Sidharth screamed in surprise _' Shehnaaz!  Shehnaaz!  Did you hear that! '
Shehnaaz jumped up from her slumber with his shout . Sidharth was excited like a kid
_' Joey just called me papa!  Can you believe that! Abhi abhi bola. '
Shehnaaz frowned with disbelief . She was not ready to accept that Joey could call his dad earlier than his mom. 
_' Ye to so rha tha.  Joey?  Did you call papa?  Nehi na ? You'd call Mumma first na? Bol , Mumma bol.'

_' Isko puncho,  bhai , bata de.' Sidharth addressed the driver.
_' Haanji,  pappa hi sunai diya manne to. ' said the driver. 
Shehnaaz acted as if the whole thing was a conspiracy against her.  Joey just can't call anyone earlier than her. She said _' I don't believe. You must be kidding with me. '

Sidharth got very angry with her unnecessary act of denial.  However he didn't  show his anger and waited for Joey to call him again and he decided this time he will not spare Shehnaaz if she refuses  to accept it.