LOVE SPELL. S3. P19

19*

It was a Sunday of summer.  Sidharth was working on a new book in his study.  An American publication has done a deal with him for writing a book of Biotechnology for the  PhD students.  His previous book turned out to be immensely popular among the students and  received  a lot of critiques'  appreciation  .  After that he had to sign  a number of contracts with different publications from India , and from  US as well . 

Shehnaaz was bathing Her daughter in a basin . She's so little that she still fits in that little space of the basin .  Shehnaaz  has named her ' Moon' . While Sidharth sometimes calls her
' Pari ' ,  sometimes ' Angel ' and sometimes ' Moon'( to please Shehnaaz ) she didn't allow to change her son's name from Joey. 

They have recently hired a house helper lady,  who only cooks their meals and cleans the ground floor of the house.  Shehnaaz and Sidharth clean the upper storey on each alternative days.  Today  , it was Shehnaaz's duty.  She was already tired by that  . Now,  Joey who was hanging from the baby carrier belt,  started torturing her by pulling her hair , slapping on her face and biting on her chest. 

Shehnaaz called Sidharth _' Baby, can you please come and help me? '
_' Kya hua baby ? ' He asked.  
_' Ye badmash mujhe kabhi kaam nehi karne deta . Please sula do ise. ' She was already tried by the tantrums of her son. 
_' Shehnaaz see I'm very busy.  Jo ko pram main sula do na . Wo uth nehi payega. ' Sidharth tried to avoid his task.  Because putting Joey in sleep is never easy.  He is a four months old super active kid who knows many more mischievous ways to keep his parents disturbed and busy throughout the day.  His sister is completely the opposite in nature. She is an obedient little piece of marshmallow and that's why more favourite to her dad. 

Shehnaaz got angry.  Sidharth always tries to escape when it comes to help Shehnaaz in dealing with Joey . She yelled _' Achcha!  To tum nehi aaoge?  Thik hain .  I won't ask you twice.  Bandh raho apni study main! Busy hain Huhh! '
Sidharth came out hurriedly. He's afraid of her mood swings,  which is increased up-to a great extent after she became a mom. Sidharth doesn't blame her for that.  Because  child rearing  is an extremely tiring job for a young girl like her. And  being a mother of a boy like Joey is enough to get these mood swings .
_' Nehi baby.  I'm not busy .' Saying he took his son up from the baby carrier which shehnaaz was wearing like a backpack. Joey who was pulling and chewing her hair strands that time,  at once started crying loudly . He just can't stay away from his mom and absolutely hates it when someone ( except Sidharth)  tries to take him away from her. He continued screaming. 
_' Oye pehle dekh to le. Main hun . No no beta, don't cry. Olle le mera Jo baby. ' Sidharth tried to hush down . Then he took Joey in the bedroom and drew all the curtains to make it as dark as possible. Sidharth closed all the windows and door to avoid every sound that could distract him from sleep and turned on the air conditioner. 
Then lying him down on the bed Sidharth started patting his forehead and chest .

*     *     *

After bathing her daughter Shehnaaz wrapped her with a clean towel and brought her in the bedroom. Rita Ji usually does this job but she's not at home.  She has gone to Allahabad to attend a wedding of a relative's daughter . So Shehnaaz was supposed to do her duties. 

When she came in, she saw her son is fully awake and happily busy in pulling Sidharth's hair.  Sidharth was deeply asleep next to Joey  making a puppyface . Probably he too was  enjoying the hair pulling session.  Shehnaaz   could not get angry on him, Sidharth looked too cute.  She very softly called him _' Sidharth,  Sidh...'
Sidharth  got up.  He smiled awkwardly looking at his son.  Then said _' Isne  mujhe sula diya . '
_' It's okay.  Chhor do. I'll do it.  Can you dress her up? ' She gave Moon to him.  Sidharth happily agreed and started rubbing her wet hair very gently with the towel. 

Shehnaaz  picked up Joey from the bed and pressed his cheek with her lips. He  tried to eat her face. 
_' Bhukh lag geyi hain na  ? Aww mera  gullu mullu, mera  badtameez  bandar ! ' She said in baby voice.
_' Did you just call him a ' bandar'? ' asked Sidharth.
_' Oops!  Sorry. ' Shehnaaz apologized  to him for calling his son a monkey.
_' No no . Don't say sorry. You are absolutely right. '
_' Tum Keyse papa ho? How could you say your son is a monkey?  Iske baad to gadha bulaoge,  bakri bulaoge,  bhaalu bulaoge!  Kuch bhi kehe dete ho ! ' Shehnaaz lashes out. 
Sidharth didn't reply . He knows a mother just cannot stand if  someone says something wrong about her children .

   Sidharth  took Moon in his study and sat on the chair . She was smiling at him.  Sidharth was stunned by her beautiful smile.  Moon touched his face and  giggled. _' Aww meri jaan ! ' Said Sidharth .  Suddenly an email popped up on his computer screen  .
_' Another invitation!  Oh no. How can I refuse it!  ' he muttered. 

He went to the bedroom to tell Shehnaaz about the email.  Shehnaaz  was swinging  Joey in her arms. 
_' Baby,  I got an email! ' Sidharth whispered. 
_' Keysa email? '
_' Glasgow University main ek research ho rha hain , Biotech  research.  University of California apne five students recommend kiya hain research associate hone ke liye.  Glasgow has selected three among the five and I'm one of them.  If I won't go they will give the chance to someone else . Kitne renowned scientists ke saath kam karne ka mowka milega ! '
_' Kitna waqt lag sakta hain Sidharth ? '
_' No idea but not less than six months.  Tell me what should I do baby? '
Shehnaaz could realize, he badly wants to go and if this time  she stops Sidharth , she'll be doing injustice to him .  After all he is a super ambitious human being who has traversed this long way of achievements all by himself. 

Shehnaaz didnot respond quickly.  She took a while to think.  Sidharth was feeling restless. 
She asked _' Six months se zyada bhi lag sakta hain? '
_' It all depends on the size of the project. If the project demands more efforts we'll need to put more . '
_' Pehle to kabhi nehi geye? ' Shehnaaz was in a dilemma. 
_' Geya na.  When I was a post doctorate student, I've visited nineteen countries.  University main speech dena parta tha.  Cambridge,  Wales,  Princeton,  Oxford, Stanford.....I  visited all of these. '
Shehnaaz was  speechless.  She made a 'Haww ' sound  .

Seeing her surprised, he said _' I'm sorry, I should have had said this to you.'
Shehnaaz  put Joey on the bed.  Suddenly Moon started weeping , grabbing his t shirt . Shehnaaz spreads her arms towards her. 
_' She's hungry. ' She said.
Sidharth handed her over and asked again _' Bolo Shehnaaz. I'm waiting for you response. '
_' Sidharth, pehle mom se baat karlo. Agar jana hoga to obviously jaoge.  Main tumko kabhi nehi rokungi . ' She replied very seriously.  She covered herself with a dupatta and started feeding Moon.  Sidharth came out of the room and called his mom.

In the room Shehnaaz  was almost screwed up, while the most unpleasant thoughts  were flooding through her brain. 

//hit like  to support my  fictions!  Thanks for reading. //