I Won't Dance

"Oh my gosh no way!" I exclaim to my cousin. 

He has gotten so tall and might I say he's quite good looking. Kevin was technically my best friend, back when my family was together. He's 2 years older than me and we spent nearly every waking hour together. I just found out that he is moving to New York. 

We sat in a large circle, my dance friends, my cousin, Calum, Luke, Michael and Ashton. We were talking, catching up, sharing stories, it made me realise how much I missed being with them.

"Yeah, but how about you and your fame? Oh man, Calum you should've seen  Andie when she was 14, all that she wanted to do was sing and dance, she was quite the performer" Kevin brags.

Calum was sitting on his hip, with his legs behind me and his torso next to me. I was leaning my back up against his knee.

"Oh my gosh Andie do you remember when we were performing at the benefit concert in 2010 and we got 'X' (Xavier) to perform in that ballerina suit!" My dance friend Kat laughs as 'X' gives us evil stares. 

"Oh yeah! And when he had to do the backflip and the tutu flew up! You could see his tights riding up!" I reply trying not to laugh.

"Hey, but I still looked hot!" Xavier smiles.

Everyone was laughing hysterically, even the boys looked like they were having such a great time.

"Wait do you hear that?" Xavier questions, our group falls silent. 

"Hear what?" I answer back, listening for something. 

"That!" Xavier jumps to his feet and turns the volume on the iPod dock louder. 

"Ohhh!" I grin. 

It was 'I won't dance' by Fred Astair. Xavier and I met at this song, it was how I met Kat, Lina, Lawrence and Mike. We were performers at a University Ball in Perth and it was the song we performed to. 

"Remember it?" Xavier holds his hand out. 

"Couldn't forget it even if I tried" I lift myself off of the ground and wink at Calum before I take Xavier's hand. 

We finish the routine, standing on the picnic bench,  everyone is applauding us, even other people at the park. We smile at eachother and hug before Xavier, being the show off that he is, does a perfect side flip off of the bench, earning cheers from the crowd. I do a backflip off of the bench and perfectly land on two feet. Xavier and I playfully shove eachother as we sit back down. 

It was the perfect day at the park and I'm with the perfect pack of people. 

_______________________________________________________________________

"Alright bye Kev! See you tomorrow" I shout as Kevin drives off.

We agreed to go shopping together tomorrow. 

I sigh, I can see Kat and Lina trying to fight back their tears. 

"Oh come here you guys" I run into Kat's arms and each of them join in. 

Tears were streaming down my cheeks. 

"We'll be back soon, don't worry kiddo" Lawrence, was the oldest of our group, he even had little tear in his eye. 

"You never know! Maybe one day we'll see you on TV" Mike was holding back his tears. 

"Me? More like you! Don't forget about me when you get all famous alright?" I joke, I can feel more tears building up. 

Each of us, just smile at eachother, trying to savour the moments we had left together. 

"Come on guys, we better get going before we miss our flight back" Xavier wipes his cheeks with his sleeve. 

I pull them in for another hug, "I love you guys"

"Don't forget about us ok?" Kat half smiles, her eyes are red. 

"Never" I reply

They pile into a taxi van, "Stay safe ok!" I shout at their taxi as they drive off into the distance. 

I turn around to see Michael, Ashton and Luke tearing up, Calum pulls me in for a hug. Max and Tori had already left the park and Dad had to go back to work. 

Calum wipes my face of tears and I turn to the 3 blonde, supposedly 'manly' boys, who were blubbering away. 

"You lot stop crying!" 

"I'm sorry, it's just so sad!" Luke replies. 

I laugh at them before turning my attention back to Calum. 

"Your Dad told me to stay over again" Calum informs me.

"To think we would be sick of eachother by now" I look up into his eyes, who were staring back at me. 

"Who said I wasn't?" Calum jokes as I hit him in the stomach, "Ok, Ashton start the car" 

I smile at him before walking off to Ashton's car. 

"Wait, Calum has something for you!" Michael shouts as he nods at Calum. 

"Yeah, we'll wait in the car" Ashton says as he walks over to the car. 

I nervously walk to Calum. 

"Yeees?" 

He pulls out an envelope from his pocket, "Happy Birthday"

"Oh come on Cal! You did all this for me, you shouldn't have gotten me a present!" I half smile. 

"But I did! Open it" He demands, but still with a stern voice his expression still manages to be happy.

I take the lilac coloured envelope from his hand and carefully tear it open. I pull out a card that was completely white, I raise an eyebrow. I open the card and see 2 tickets to Mayday Parade's concert in Australia, my eyes light up. 

"OH MY GOD! CALUM!!!!!!!!!" I hug the living day lights out of him. 

"Ok ok! Let go of me before you kill me!" He laughs. 

"Sorry! But OH MY GOD! You didn't have to! But THANKYOU CAL!" I slightly yell at him. 

"Your welcome Andie" 

"Hmmm ... I wonder who I'll bring?" I refer to the other ticket, "Ashton? Michael? Wait, Luke!" 

Calum pouts out his bottom lip. 

"I'm just kidding of course I'm taking you!" 

"I knew you would" Calum pulls me close to him by my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck, the envelope and tickets in my hand. 

I look in to his eyes and the park was silent, nothing but birds chirping in the distance. Our lips meet, his hands not leaving my waist. Calum pulls away and kisses my forehead, I bury my head in his chest. Calum was more than a friend to me now, he was special to me and I was special to him. 

Hello my beautiful readers! Thankyou so much for getting me passed 1,500 reads! LOVE YOU ALL <3 Don't worry guys the story is far from finished!