Catching Up

Chestnut brown eyes. Brown, curly hair. My brother. I haven't seen him since my Mum left, which was about 5 years ago. 

"Max?" I whisper to myself and I look over to him sitting down in a booth with another woman. 

"Max?!" I yell louder as I let go of Calum's hand. 

"Andie?!" He shouts back, jumping from his seat and running over to me with his arms wide open. 

"Oh my god! Maxie!!!" I exclaim as I jump into his arms, I feel a tear stream down my face.

"I've missed you so much Andie!"

We hug in silence for a few seconds until I realise that Calum, Michael, Luke and Ashton were standing right behind me. We pull away and hold onto eachother's hands. 

"What are you doing here big bro?" I ask wiping the tears out of my eyes. 

"I live here now! And... and I got married" He grins. 

My brother left when he was 21 and I was 12 years old. I woke up in the middle of the night to him packing a backpack. My brother and I had the best relationship, even closer than my Dad and I. He told me as he walked out the door, that we would see eachother again, and he was one to live up to his promises. 

"Oh my gosh! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WHERE IS SHE?! CONGRATS!" I pull him in for another tight hug. 

"Hun, come here" He gestures to the woman who was sitting next to him. 

She was beautiful;  long, brown, wavy hair and crystal blue eyes. She got up off of her seat and waltzed towards us with a ginormous grin on her face.

"Tori, this is my sister Andie, Andie this is my wife Tori" 

Tori flings out her arms wide open, flashing a pearly white grin. 

"Andie! Max has told me about you so many times, he's missed you so much! I'm so happy to finally meet you" 

She wraps her arms around me, giving me a warm and welcoming hug. 

"Hi! So nice to meet you! I just want to ask you one little thing" I say with a giant smile as we pull away. 

Tori holds onto my hands "Go for it kiddo" 

"Did he have to pay you to marry him or?" I joke around as Calum playfully hits me on the shoulder.

Tori laughs and Max giggles to himself quietly.

"Ok Kid, seems like you still haven't given up the jokes" He smiles as he gives me another hug. 

"Andie, you're so pretty!" Tori exclaims. 

"Speak for yourself! Good on ya' picking her Maxie! But seriously Tori answer my question, are you sure he didn't pay you, slip something in your drink?" I question, with a half smile on my face. 

"I'm pretty sure he didn't" She laughs "Even in these few seconds I can see why you two were so close" Tori replies putting her hand around Max's waist, which I smiled at. 

I can see Max's eyes turn to the boys behind me, who I have forgotten about. 

"Who's the dudes?" Max nods his head in their direction.

"Oh! These are my friends, friends meet Max and Tori, Tori and Max meet friends" I push the boys in front of me, so they can introduce themselves. 

Michael being his outgoing self introduced himself first.

"Hi! I'm Michael! The best out of the 4" He opens his arms for a hug which I was surprised my brother had accepted.

Even when I was 10, my brother always had to sit in between a guy and myself.