Dresses

I roll over and open my eyes to find a note and a single red rose sitting on the pillow next to me. It was from Calum.

'Morning beautiful, chocolate chip pancakes and fresh orange juice is on the table, put on something nice and Ashton will come to pick you up at 3 :) Love, Cal'

This boy could never stop making me smile, I pick up the rose and continue smiling. I get up from my bed and walk over to my bathroom. As I walk up to my bathroom sink I see a cloud of red and green wrapped with a pink bow. Calum got me a bundle of red roses. In front of the flowers I see another card which reads,

'You didn't think I would just get you one rose would you? Love you xo'

"Oh god Cal" I say to myself picking the flowers off of the sink and hold it in my hands, the sweet scent of roses filling the air.

I open the cupboard under the sink and take out a glass vase, that was currently being used to hold travel size bottles of hair & skin products. I take out all of the products, fill the vase with water and put the roses in, untying the ribbon that was holding them together and putting it around the vase itself. I carry the vase into my room and put it on my dresser, next to my jewellery and mirror.

As I set the vase down on the table the door bell began to ring. I happily skip over to the front door.

"Goodmorning, Merry Christmas" I greet the man at the door who has a large box standing next to him.

He was very tall, quite young and was working for Australia Post.

"Merry Christmas to you too!" He chuckles as he looks at the clipboard in his hand, "I have a package for Miss Andie Roberts? Is that you?"

"Sure is!" I smile back, it must've been the present I bought for Calum.

"Cool, just sign here" He passes me the clipboard and a pen.

I quickly sign the piece of paper as he wheels the package into the house.

"Thankyou!"

"No problem! Have a great day" He waves as he walks out of the house.

I lock the door and walk over to the tall box that was standing in the kitchen. I get a pair of scissors from the kitchen and cut the tape off of the top of the box and lift up the flaps and pull out the bass guitar I bought for Calum.

"Sweet!" I grin as I unzip the case.

Calum was constantly talking about this one bass that was on the internet, it was a bit too pricey for him but I had a lot of money saved up from each job that I had as I was moving around, which was many and I didn't really have any idea where to use it, so I bought him the guitar.

It was completely black and the neck was a cream colour, but what made it extra special was that I had them engrave the batman logo at the front of the instrument, which was engraved in a metallic silver colour and on the neck I had them print 'I AM BATMAN'. He was going to love this so much. I also threw in a mini amp.

I put the bass guitar back in the bag and put it up against the wall. The smell of pancakes fills my nostrils, I turn around and see a plate of chocolate chip pancakes and a glass of orange juice.

"Don't mind if I do" I take a knife and fork from the top drawer, pick up the food and drink and walk over to the lounge room, putting my feet up on the coffee table.

I turn on the TV and my favourite Christmas movie was on TV, which is 'This Christmas', it was a movie that shows how great it is to be with your family at Christmas, just like yesterday.

My Dad went out with his newly found companion and Max and Tori weren't here surprisingly, because usually they were over everyday when I wasn't at their place with the boys. It was quiet, but it was a nice quiet.