CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

last chapter guys. 😘
after this there is only the epilogue left

***

"Are you excited?", Jungkook asked curiously, turning his face towards his boyfriend. They were walking along the street, sipping on iced coffee. Their plan for the day was to find a nice suit for Taehyung's graduation ceremony which was about to come up in a few weeks. Things were about to change, he was not going to be around in school anymore and would start working. He would become an intern at a big business company that would look incredibly good on his reputation.

All his grades had genuinely went up this semester, Taehyung had always tried to work his hardest to appear smart in his boyfriend's eyes.

When they got closer at first, it never felt as if he was good enough for Jungkook. The draining thought of being bad at school, not having a bright future and being a cheating asshole who treats his girlfriend like shit-, it had been following Taehyung every day at the beginning. Whenever he felt himself getting too drawn to Jungkook, he would back away, knowing he would never be able to be enough for the oh so sweet boy.
Little did he know that for Kook, Taehyung had always been the best person ever. Since the first day he saw him, back in elementary school when Jimin brought him for the first time, ever since that day, Jungkook couldn't get his mind off the older boy who looked so handsome back then.

He just had to smile and Jungkook would love him a bit more, when he talked to the younger, it was as if Jungkook's world got ten times brighter and all this never changed. Jungkook was seriously in love with Taehyung from the very first day and not even getting to know all his flaws made him love him a little less. He just got even more beautiful to Jungkook.

"I'm excited, yeah", Taehyung blushed a little, "Because you're going to be my date to prom. It's going to be my official coming out to everyone-"

"You know that you don't have to do this, right? Whenever you're ready, babe." Jungkook brushed along Taehyung's back and pressed a small kiss to his cheek. "I'm ready whenever you're ready", Taehyung inhaled deeply and then smiled even brighter, "And I can't wait anymore. I want to show the world that you are mine."

"Cute", Jungkook smiled, "The whole school will be jealous of me because I got everyone's crush."
Taehyung shrugged, "Well sucks for them I guess. They just aren't you, so no chance", he hummed and then stopped at a shop that seemed to sell suits. "Let's go in here?"
Jungkook nodded and the boys went in there, a sweet old lady came up to them immediately and greeted them with a big smile and still sparkling eyes even though she seemed to have gone through a whole life already.

"Good Morning, how can I help you?", she bowed politely and led the boys into the store.

"We're looking for a suit", Jungkook said, "It's his graduation soon."
The woman nodded, looking up and down the boy, "I'd say you should either go for a dark blue tone or a black one. Which would you prefer?"

Taehyung looked at Jungkook questioningly, "What do you think?"
"Black. It's hotter", Jungkook argued even though his answer was predictable. His whole closet consisted of white and black clothes, nothing in between.

"It's always adorable to see brothers come here together", she chuckled, "I wish I had a sibling or a friend who would have went shopping with me, I was always stuck with my mother", the woman hummed, looking through the suits.
"Wait", Jungkook looked at the woman, "You think we're brothers?"

"Sure, what else would you be?", the woman asked, fully oblivious.

Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hand and intertwined it in front of the lady, "What does it look like?" She inhaled sharply and then her face went blank, not saying a word for a good minute. What the boys didn't consider was her age and that she was probably pretty traditional and conservative because of that. Maybe they shouldn't have told her.