CHAPTER TWELVE

oops this chapter turned out a bit long-

***

When Jungkook woke up the next morning, Taehyung was gone.

Instead his mother leaned in the door frame, watching her son with a worried expression on her face. "Good morning, sweetie", she hummed and walked closer when Jungkook slowly opened his eyes and looked utterly confused at the empty side of his bed. "Where is he?"
His mother shrugged, "I heard him leaving around 2am", she said sadly. "Are you okay?"

Jungkook looked dumbfounded, staring into nothing as he sat up. Taehyung simply left, not even caring to say goodbye or stay for breakfast, he just ran off.
"I'm fine, Mom", Jungkook chuckled, voice cracking a little as he got up and grabbed a hoodie to pull over his head. He felt way too exposed in just his boxers. "It'd be okay if you weren't", Mrs Jeon hummed. "Breakfast's ready. I'll take you to school today", she said and Kook nodded.

Of course his mother was worried. It seemed weird that the guy left in the middle of the night and everything somehow appeared to have been something like a one-night stand that Taehyung regretted immediately afterwards. Just that they didn't even have sex, but Mrs Jeon didn't know that. All her mind told her right now was, that her only son had been used by an older guy and then left behind.

"I'll be down in a second", Jungkook said and breathed out in relief when his mother left the room and headed back downstairs. He grabbed his phone, somehow hoping Taehyung had left a message. Or just anything that made it less seem as if he ran away.
He seemed so calm and fine when they fell asleep? What changed his mind?

Kook let out a sigh when he had no new messages-, as always, and put his phone away. Quickly he grabbed his school stuff, a pair of pants and ruffled through his hair. Then he rushed downstairs because he was already quite late for school. His mother had prepared him food but Jungkook didn't feel hungry, he just kept staring at his phone-, still hoping for something to appear on there.
"Did you...?", his mother asked quietly.

Jungkook shook his head, "No, Mom! I'm not that easy to get", he laughed out bitterly. "And he's not ready to sleep with a boy anyway- so."

Mrs Jeon had relief written all over her face when her son told her that, "Oh thank god. Don't lose your virginity to someone you're not dating!", she reminded him of her own made rules and Kook agreed, "I would never, Mom."
She smiled and then left him in peace for the rest of breakfast and even during the drive to school, she would not ask Jungkook anything about Taehyung at all.

"Have a good day", she hummed after him when he left the car and headed towards the entrance. Well, apparently school became a new hotspot for daily drama-, because when he walked in he saw Taehyung leaning against a locker, hands covering his face and he swore he could see tears dripping down his jawline.
Jungkook would go there and say something, ask if he was alright, but Jimin stood next to him and patted his shoulders. And Hoseok and Yoongi were there as well. It'd just be weird if Jungkook came over there now, so he kept walking and tried not to think of Taehyung crying over there, in the middle of the hallway.

He heard whispers, girls standing in groups together and everyone kept glancing at Taehyung.
"Did you hear?", a girl whispered and another one started chuckling, "That fucking bitch deserves it, she's not good enough for him anyway-"

"Oh, what the hell", Jungkook hummed and stopped next to Lyza who was busy with trying to fit all her books in her locker. "Those lockers here are shit, they're way too small", she complained when she realized that Jungkook arrived. "It's because you have too many books", Kook hummed and then leaned against the locker next to her and kept watching the scene that was happening.
"Do you know what happened here?", he then asked, hoping Lyza had already caught onto the gossip for today.