CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

sorry if this chapter is shit my head hurts really bad

***

The door got pushed open not much later, both boys standing there frozen in every movement. Taehyung was fucking frightened how this must be looking right now, Jungkook covered in blood while they ruined the school's bathroom.
There were two police men, one of them rushing in to check on the boys, "Are you guys okay?", he asked worriedly.

His first intention was to see if they were okay, he looked a little startled at all the blood but then got soft when he saw Taehyung anxiously grabbing Jungkook's hand, intertwining their fingers.
"W-what's going on?", Jungkook asked quietly. The police officer stared at their hands for a while, "I guess you two have an explanation for all this, right?", he asked in doubt, eyebrows lifted. "I won't put you in handcuffs for whatever you did in here, if you can explain it to me later-", he hummed and then softly pushed the boys out of the locker's room to show them the scene that was going on in front of the building.

Two more police men were pushing Mr Kim onto the ground, handcuffing him so they could arrest him.

"Wait, what's happening?", Taehyung's eyes went big when he realized that his father was being taken care of.

"Your father is being arrested", the police officer explained to the boys. "We were working for a few days on catching him doing his illegal actions. Finding out he was abusing his children, was just the cherry on top that finally got us the right to press charges."
Jungkook and Taehyung had no clue what they talked about.

"Why don't you ask the person responsible for it?", the police man smiled, looking over his shoulder. "At least it was them who did the work."

Jungkook and Taehyung turned around, still utterly confused by everything.

The older literally broke into tears when he saw Lia stumbling out of the corner of the parking lot where she had been standing next to Mr Jeon. The girl broke into tears when she saw the boys covered in blood, her way directly leading into Taehyung's arms.
The boy wrapped his arms around the crying girl, trying not to cry himself while he held her.

"I'm so sorry we couldn't make this work sooner", she whispered, pressing a kiss to the boy's cheek.

Jungkook however only gave his father a questioning glance, "What did you do, Dad-"

Mr Jeon only smirked, stepped closer and patted his son's shoulders. "First of all, you better explain why you're covered in blood."
Jungkook bit his lips, "Let's talk about that later-"

His father let out a sigh and then hugged his son, "How about we'll go pick up Jimin and then talk about everything at dinner? There's a lot about to change for you, kids."

Taehyung and Lia were finally letting go of each other, turning to Mr Jeon who only opened up his arms to give Taehyung a hug too, "I'm sorry, buddy", he hummed, ruffling Taehyung's fluffy hair. "We did our best, I'm proud of you for staying strong for so long."

"I'm not strong", Taehyung replied, glancing at Jungkook. "He is", he sighed, "He made me strong."

Mr Jeon smiled, then he got called by the police officers to sign some documents before they drove off, Mr Kim still yelling and trying to fight the officers. But he had no chance, he got pushed into the car and one of the men promised him at least 10 years of jail-time for his doings.
Lia smiled a little, giving Mr Jeon a smirk, "We did it", they highfived and then the four of them headed to the car, getting inside of it.

"What's happening to my Dad now?", Taehyung asked quietly. "He'll kill me if he gets hold of me-"

"Trust me, he won't get out of jail anytime soon", Mr Jeon said calmly, "We made sure to have enough against him to get him out of the way forever."