CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

***

"Where have you been?", a low voice made Taehyung stop in his steps. He had just entered the front door of their house, it being way past midnight. "Outside", Taehyung admitted quietly. "I couldn't sleep."

It was his father who stood in front of him, arms crossed and his forehead in wrinkles. "Who have you been meeting?"
Taehyung remained silent, looking down to the floor. He knew what would come next anyway, it didn't matter if he'd tell the truth, lie or not say anything at all. His father would always end up making his anger painfully physical towards Taehyung. "I'm so sick of you, boy", the man groaned and stepped closer, spitting onto his son's face. "Have you been meeting your faggot friend?"

The boy gulped dryly, head low while he forced himself not to say a word.
Provoking never worked, pushing back did neither-, so far staying quiet had always made it stop the quickest.
"Answer me if I talk to you", his father grabbed him by his wrist and then dragged him upstairs, so his wife wouldn't see anything if she'd leave their bedroom. Even though she knew and stayed silent, she wasn't happy with her husband being violent against their kids.
Taehyung glanced into Jimin's room while rushing by, he had to leave the door open at all times so Taehyung could get a quick view of his brother sitting in his bed, a ice pack pressed to his neck as tears fell off his lashes.

"I can't believe I raised two such bad children", Mr Kim kept complaining, pushing Taehyung into his bedroom, then slammed the door shut. Taehyung knew what was coming next, quickly covering his front with his hands, afraid every time his father lifted his knee up.

"You didn't raise us", Taehyung whispered. This was the one thing he wouldn't let him have. In no fucking way he'd let this sick piece of shit believe that he was the one who raised them. "To raise a child, you actually have to be present."
That didn't make it any better, it only angered the old man even more when he pushed his son down on his knees to make him apologize for his words. "I should have never put my hope into you. You cannot lead my business with this attitude of yours."

Taehyung shrugged, "I never asked for any of it."

"You ungrateful brat", Mr Kim yelled out, spitting onto him once again. "Every other child would be happy to have the family's business in their own hands one day."
"It doesn't feel like family business to me", Taehyung let out in a small voice, "I don't want to lead it. I don't want any of this."

"What else is it that you want then?!", Mr Kim groaned.

For a second Taehyung was speechless, he had no answer to this. No one had ever truly asked him what he wanted to do. All he ever did was denying anything people held out for him. Yes, he wanted to go to college-, but just to make other people proud.
Right now, there was only thing shooting up in his head which he really wanted right now.
It was a tall, muscular boy with bunny teeth and the prettiest eyes.

"Come on, tell me. If I can't satisfy this egoistic piece of shit's needs, what is it that you want in life? You're just a kid. You don't know life." Mr Kim kept yelling, but Taehyung only nodded.
"I'm just a kid", he repeated softly, "I don't need to know yet."

Mr Kim ruffled his own hair in despair, "God, do you even hear yourself talking?!"
"Can you just leave me alone for the night, I'm doing anything you want. I'm taking over the family's business and I will marry Tzuyu, I'll do anything you want me to. But please leave Jimin out of this and stop harassing me whenever I do something on my own."

"You still didn't tell me where you went."

"I went to end things with Jungkook", Taehyung suddenly snapped, crossed his arms and stepped back afraid, "I never got the chance to really end things. So now I did. Is that wrong too?"