CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

i'm surprised no one has asked me yet why there's barely any drama

***

"Hey"

"Hi"

Taehyung let his head fall back, sitting down on the floor of his room, holding the phone with one hand and his travel bag with the other one. "Two hours", the older hummed, his smile so big that Jungkook thought he could feel the older's smile through the phone. "Two hours", he repeated, ruffling his dark hair while the younger held a pack of condoms he bought earlier, putting it at the bottom of his bag so his father wouldn't find them if he'd decide to look through Jungkook's bag.

"I'm excited", Taehyung said, his heart beating up to his chest.

"We'll be on our own for a whole week", Jungkook grinned, biting his lip as he laid back on his bed, staring up to the ceiling. "No parents, no bullies, no one who's going to annoy us-"
"I love that", Taehyung chuckled, "Just you and me."

"What?", a voice came from Taehyung's door, making the older look up from his bag when he faced his brother who stood there, lips trembling.

"Gotta go, I'll pick you up in twenty", Taehyung quickly said into the phone, ended the call and got up from the floor, staring at Jimin with big eyes, "Look-, bro-"

"I thought you weren't bringing someone along", Jimin let out breathless, "Who was on the phone?"

"No one", Taehyung hurried to say, "It was just Lia. She'll come."
"Lia is going for Yale", Jimin said quietly, "She always talked about how much she wants to go there."

"Look, I-"

"Is it Jungkook?", Jimin asked, anxiety taking over the boy. "You're taking him, not me?"
"You don't care", Taehyung said sharply, "You didn't even ask me where I want to go to college!"

"Yeah, because I know you want to go to Princeton", Jimin let out in disbelief, "You said that from childhood on. Why would I ask?"

Taehyung gulped, looking away, "We're not exactly on good terms right now, Jimin-"
"You're leaving me alone here", Jimin said, "In this big fat house! And you're taking my best friend with you-, not me"

The boy grabbed his bag and threw it on his shoulder, he couldn't deal with his little brother's shit right now, "I gotta go, Jimin. Get your act together."
"Taehyung!", Jimin's voice was cracking when his brother pushed past him and rushed towards the elevator that'd bring him downstairs. "Don't just leave me here!"

"It's only a week", Taehyung said softly, "You'll survive a week without me."

"I can't even cook a fucking meal", Jimin screamed out, running after his brother, "Take me with you, not Jungkook!"
"Just order food then", Taehyung snapped, "What's going on with you? Stop screaming!", he stared at his brother who was having tears in his eyes.

"Don't go without me-"

"Hey", Mr Kim's voice halled through the house, "Why are you kids screaming up there?"

"It's nothing, Dad", Taehyung answered and got into the elevator but Jimin wouldn't give up that easily, he just ran after him and got in there as well. "I thought you wanted to go alone, but if you take someone with you, you can just as take me along. Right? There's nothing going on with you and Jungkook anyway-, you said it's over."

"Jimin, fuck off", Taehyung pushed his brother away and pressed the button that would bring them downstairs. "It's just one week."

"Please", Jimin repeated, tears filling his eyes. "Don't leave me here-"