CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

i hate how this book is almost over already i wrote this way too fast

***

The night was brighter than usually, moon shining so bright that Jungkook still struggled to fall asleep at 2am. His parents had went to bed early so he got stuck with himself for almost all the evening. While he tried to distract himself from everything going on with his videogames, once he laid down in bed this night, it all came crashing back down on him. It was a chilly, warm summer night, you could hear every car that passed by outside, silence surrounding everything.

It almost seemed peaceful.

Kook couldn't stop thinking, Taehyung was still on his mind and he hadn't replied to any of his text messages. And he had sent at least fifty texts, yet he got not one reply to any of them.
Something was so wrong and no one except for him seemed to realize it.
When thinking back to school today, all his friends had just pretended everything was fine and that Taehyung was just skipping school.
But Jungkook knew that Taehyung wouldn't do that, he was still working hard on getting better grades to be able to go to a good college after graduation.

It just wasn't like Taehyung to miss out on school for no good reason.

Why was Jungkook the only one noticing this? Or was he simply the only one who cared?

After he tried to read a book, did some of his homework and even did a whole workout, it was now 2am and he still couldn't stop thinking, falling asleep was impossible and Jungkook was about to accept that.
Right when he decided that maybe it was a good time to watch porn and jerk off in peace, which was the one thing that would always calm him down-, he got interrupted by a noise on his window. Someone threw a tiny stone against it and made Jungkook's eyes go wide. He pulled his hand out of his pants and got up in confusion, hope building up that this might be one of those romantic moments in movies where the love of his life would stand under his window, trying to convince him to run away together.

Just that they weren't in a movie and that there wasn't Taehyung standing there.
Instead it was his little brother who stood there, looking up to Jungkook when he opened the window.
"Jimin?", Jungkook tilted his head, voice low so his parents wouldn't wake up by that.

"Can I come in", Jimin asked silently, grabbing onto the tree in front of Jungkook's window, the one he would always climb up when they were younger and Mr Jeon forbid Jimin to sleep over 7 days in a row. So he would just sneak in at night.
He was quite good at climbing so before Jungkook had even agreed, he was in front of the window and smiled weakly, "Please-"

Jungkook shrugged and let him in, "What are you doing here?"

"Can I just stay the night?", Jimin asked, walking over to Jungkook's bed where he sat down and eyed Jungkook for a while. His look was desperate and Jungkook could see how red his eyes were, as if he had been crying a lot lately. "Why don't you show up in the middle of the night at Hoseok's window and ask him to stay over there?", Jungkook asked, sounding a little salty which he was. What Jimin did was still unforgivable and dropping Jungkook after years of friendship was not something you easily do to your best friend. Wrong on so many levels, yet Jungkook got soft the second he got Jimin's attention back. He'd never send him away.

"I feel more comfortable when I'm with you", Jimin admitted quietly. "Kook, I'm sorry for everything. I really am."

"How comes you only ever tell me that when we're alone but in school you treat me like shit?", Jungkook sighed and sat down next to him, "That's unfair, Chimmy."
"I know", the older sighed, shoulders dropping a little. "I know. And I'm sorry."