CHAPTER SIXTEEN

***

"Good Morning", Lyza hurried to shut her locker and rush over to Jungkook who was walking through the hallway, head low and his eyes fixed to the ground. "Hey", Kook hummed, "Have you seen Tae?", of course that was his first question.
The girl didn't reply, she just bit her lips anxiously, eyes darting around.

"Let's just go to class, shall we?"
"No, I need to see if he's alright." Jungkook grabbed his things from his locker and then kept looking around.

"Look, Koo. I think it's better if we just go to class", she quickly said and before he could say anything else, he saw Jimin coming towards him, "Dude-, let's go to class. Shall we?"

Jungkook was confused, "I'm done with you", he said, directed to Jimin but the boy only turned him around.

"Yeah-, well", Jimin said, softly pushing towards their classroom, along with Lyza.

"Something's going on", Jungkook commented, looking at the two of them in confusion, "And I'm not sure what it is."

"Mh", Lyza said and pulled the chair out for Jungkook, "Let's just work through the homework, shall we?"
She gave Jimin a look and the boy was about to go to his own seat, but Jungkook held him and pulled him around, "Where's your brother?", he asked coldly.

"Kook, just don't ask", Jimin sighed, "I'm sorry for what happened yesterday. I should have never come to your house, I-"

"Park fucking Jimin", Jungkook said sharply, "You have two seconds to tell me what you're not telling me right now. Or else I'm going to tell the whole damn school that you're gay and in love with Hoseok. At this point, I do not care about your feelings anymore, is that clear?"
"I care about yours tho", Jimin grumbled, "Which is why I'm not saying anything."

"Why?", Kook rolled his eyes. "It's not like Taehyung's actions would hurt me."
"Jungkook", Jimin groaned, "Taehyung didn't come home last night."

"W-what"

"He didn't come home last night. He's at Lia's place, Jungkook", Jimin sighed, "I know you guys had something going on, so I'm sorry that he ended up in her sheets again."
"Oh", Jungkook breathed out relieved, "Dude you scared me when you said he didn't come last night!"

"Why?"

"I thought something bad happened or something, what the fuck", Jungkook held his chest, inhaling deeply to calm down from his almost heart attack.
"He fucked his girlfriend after spending a whole day with you-, isn't that something bad?"

"That's just Taehyung being Taehyung", Jungkook shrugged, "I get why he does it-, so it's not bad. It's just dumb." The boy bit his lips and looked at Lyza for a while, "You guys should stop trying to protect me from the reality of the world. I'm good, really. I can handle things-"

Lyza nodded, "I know, Koo. I just-"
"It's fine", Kook pinched her puffy cheeks, "Not mad at my favorite girly."

Jimin however scrunched his nose, "Are you mad at me?"

"Being mad would require effort, which is something I'm not vibing with towards you lately", Jungkook gave the boy an innocent smile and then got up from his seat, "Now excuse me, I'll not hang out in an empty classroom twenty minutes before classes even start."
The boy rushed outside, hoping he'd catch Taehyung somewhere, he really just wanted to make sure the older was okay after yesterday.

And the boy really was there, he stood at his locker and was talking calmly to Lia while they were looking through his homework.
Jungkook's heart ached a little, they seemed so close and it made him jealous.
What he didn't care about was when Taehyung got touchy with others because that was just the way he handled things-, but seeing him smiling and peacefully talking to the girl without touching her, that was the one thing that got the boy jealous.