CHAPTER NINE

***

The rest of the school day went over quite fast, Jungkook didn't cross paths with Jimin even once after what happened in the cafeteria and Lia and Taehyung stayed away as well after Jungkook snapped at them when all they wanted was to help.
Now that the bell finally rang, Jungkook was about to just rush outside and take the bus instead of waiting for Jimin and Taehyung to drive home together.
Well until he saw his father standing at the street, leaning on their car as he waved over to his son and giving him a bright smile. Jungkook was more than just confused, his father never came here. Even for talks with the teachers he would let his wife go there and handle it.

But there he was, standing in his work suit with sunglasses on, looking like that typical cool father.
"Dad?", Jungkook laughed out, walking into his arms to give him a hug. He couldn't hide his happiness, having attention from his father was something he rarely got so being picked up by his father was a special thing.

"How was school?", his father asked, ruffling his son's hair.

"Was fun", Jungkook lied, "What are you doing here?"
"I took the afternoon off work to come here", Mr Jeon explained and winked at him, "Oh?", Jungkook tilted his head a bit confused.

What was that about?

"I thought about something", Mr Jeon hummed, "Why won't you join the football team? You're strong and fast-, it'd be perfect for you! And you could maybe hang out with the boys and do more-, y'know manly things."
Jungkook furrowed his brows, "I'd rather do some other sport-"

"But why? Football is fun. I'd come to all your games to cheer for my boy!", his father had this big smile on his face again that made Jungkook's heart feel heavy. How could he tell his own father no? So he simply nodded, smiling weakly as he looked away.
He knew for a fact that the whole football team consisted mostly of seniors who were taller and stronger than him-, he'd be the smallest one there. And half of them were Taehyung's friends-, so he'd just get mocked all the time.

But who would he be to deny his father?
At least he'd finally have something to make him proud with.

"I already spoke to the coach", Mr Jeon grinned, "You can join practice today, let's go", he said and handed Jungkook a bag with sports clothes that he had already brought along. Kook sighed, just thinking of Hoseok who was part of that team as well.
Father and son made their way over to the football field were some of the boys were already warming up, while others were still in the locker's room.
Jungkook walked over to the changing rooms so he could get dressed, shoulders and head low because he didn't want anyone to draw their attention to him.

His father was talking to the coach meanwhile, joking around with him as if they were old friends. Jungkook sometimes felt a little jealous-, his father was a real man and strong and made everyone like him with his charming words and that handsome face.
Jungkook could never do that, usually no one really liked him at first.

"Koo", a deep, soft voice made him look up once he entered the locker's room and put his bag down. Jungkook flinched, looked up and stared right into Taehyung's dark eyes.

"Hi", Jungkook hummed and then started undressing as quick as he could, glad that almost no one was here anymore. "What are you doing here?", Taehyung asked amused. "Didn't think you're the football kind of boy?"

"Dad made me", Jungkook looked so sad when he gave Taehyung a quick smile.

The older's expressions softened at Jungkook's look on his face. "So you don't even want to?"
"No, I'm supposed to be manlier", Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, "That's why I have to join the team."