𝟛𝟙

ⁱ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃʳᵉ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ˢᵖᵉᶜⁱᵃˡ

Aʟᴀɪɴᴀ

"Finally bitch!" I said as I flung my bag across the room

"Finally bitch!" I said as I flung my bag across the room. "Midterms are over" she said.

"Thank God cause I swear I was gon' sleep on those niggas in there" I said, plopping down on the couch. "Me too"

"We shouldn't have stayed up all night watching reruns of 'everybody hates Chris'"

"Aye it was worth it" I said. "Whatever. At least it's October. You know what that means" she said.

"Right. How could I forget? It's Halloween"

"Bitch what? No. It's your birthday" she said. "My birt- Oh!" I said, laughing. "You really just forgot your own birthday?"

"That ain't my fault. My brain ain't working right"

"But whatever. Your birthday is in a week and we needa go shopping"  she said.

"Hell naw. My body too tired for allat"

"Do I look like I give a fuck what your body up for? We going shopping and that's that" she said, dragging me up.

"But we got like a week" I groaned. "We gotta go now 'fore all the good shit gets bought" she said, going towards the door.

"Leggo"

I rolled my eyes and went outside and she followed. "We splurging nigga" she called behind me and I rolled my eyes.

_

"Damn" I said as I dropped the bags on the floor and sat down on the couch. "I'm so fucking tired"

"Me too. My legs bouta give out" Zee said, sitting beside me.

"You ain't even post ta be talking. You the one that wanted to go" I said. "That don't mean I can't complain" she said and I rolled my eyes.

"I got a surprise for you" she said.

"Whatchu mean? Last time you said that, it was tickets to a show I didn't even go to" I said.

"You might not be far off" she said. "Now I'm curious. Tell me what the fuck it is" I said, smiling.

"Think of this as a early birthday present" she said, pulling an envelope out her purse and handing it to me.

"I know it ain't money cause you never gimme money" I said. "You needa stop all these nice things you be doing for me. I don't got no money to be doing the same"

"You could by making lasagna every day" she said and I laughed. "And how you know when I be needing something to cheer me up?" I asked.

"Cause I'm your best friend. Plus my life ain't complicated"