𝟠

ɪᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵃ ᶠⁱʳᵉ, ɪ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ʸᵒᵘʳ ˡⁱᵍʰᵗᵉʳ, ᵖˡᵉᵃˢᵉ ᵇᵉ ʲᵘᵈᵍᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖᵘᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵗʳⁱᵃˡ
ɪᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ɪ'ˡˡ ʰᵘʳᵗ ʸᵃ, ᵖᵘᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵘⁿᵈᵉʳʷᵃᵗᵉʳ, ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵗ, ɪ ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵃ ˡᵃʷʸᵉʳ

Wᴀʏɴᴇ

"Where we going?" Alaina asked for the tenth time since I picked her up.

"If I didn't tell you the last nine times, what makes you think I'm gon' tell you now?" I asked, looking at her briefly before looking back at the road.

"Persistence?" She asked, smiling at me and I shook my head.

"At least put on some music" she said, rolling her eyes, something she did a lot.

I reached over to the radio and turned it on. Summer Walker's voice immediately filled the air as I'll Kill You played. Alaina was quiet till the song ended and another song started.

"That's your lullaby huh?" I asked, smirking a little. "Shut up" she said, rolling her eyes. "There's just something bout slow songs that just keeps me quiet. Every key dying to be heard. Every note carrying a different message. You know what I mean?" she asked.

See what I mean by deep. She could go from 0 to 100 to 0 again.

"No I don't know whatchu mean cuh you always making me feel dumb" I said. "What? How?" She asked, laughing a bit. "I'm sure I'm smart. But then you come and say intelligent shit like that and you make me feel all dumb cause I ain't even think bout that before you said it" I explained.

"That ain't my fault tho" she said. "Whatever"

"Who your favourite r&b artist?" I asked.

"I don't have a favourite. I mean I listen if you know what you singing bout" She said.

"So who you listen to most then?"

"Ella Mai. Definitely her "

"Oh forreal? I love that girl" I said, smiling. "She so soulful" Alaina agreed.

"Who your favourite rapper?" I asked. I mean I wasn't fishing for compliments but....I was fishing for compliments.

"Oh. That's easy. It's either J Cole or DaBaby" she said.

Damn. That hurt a lot more than it should. Like a lot.

"Oh" I said. I was disappointed some.

"Mane I'm just playing witchu. You not crying are you?" She asked. "Hell nah I ain't crying. You play too damn much" I said, rolling my eyes.

"Nah you wanted to cry. Your eyes was already tearing up" she teased.

"Mane shut up" I said. "Ight. Crybaby". I mugged her and she burst out laughing.

"Nah but forreal, it's just like....you one of the smartest people I know and if you ont fuck with my music, I ain't doing something right" I said.

"Nah, you def doing something right cause I fuck with you heavy. I played your three albums back to back all day. Your songs lit as fuck. You my favourite rapper" she said and I smiled.

"Thought you said you didn't play it all day?" I asked trying to play it cool but I wad low-key doing cartwheels in my head. She looked at me for a while before talking. "Was that the only thing you got from that?" She asked. "I'm tryna boost your ego and you here exposing me". I laughed.