He must be fighting with us. I reach the section appointed, and I'm greeted by a bald guy, who is really toned. A few other Gladers that I don't know are there, too. The man shows us different fighting techniques, and lets us try it on him. The lesson takes maybe an hour, and he tells us to come back tomorrow. I then make my way back to where I first greeted Newt, but he's moved on to another section. I pick up a gun, and I remember shooting one before. Not in WICKED, though. A few of my uncles were cops, and they let me shoot sometimes. I can't remember how good I am, so I lift the gun. I remember all of the procedures, and I shoot. It hits just as close as Newt's did. It jolts my back, though, and shoots pain through my shoulder. I almost forgot about it. I wince at the sudden shock.

"I can work with that," this trainer is a woman with blonde hair, and brown eyes. "You've shot before?"

"Yeah."

"Good, maybe I can get you out of this section in less than a week."

"Good that." I aim, and fire again. I hit the center of the target this time, and prepare to fire again. I spend about thirty minutes on it, but I hate staying in the same place for too long. It drives me crazy. I start to walk back to archery, when I hear the intercom:

"Break for dinner. Congratulations, Gladers, on your first day of training."

We eat dinner, and I actually talk to people this time. Thomas and I make eye contact a few times, which was really awkward, but besides that, I felt more like myself.

By the time we finish, it’s about seven o' clock. I go to my room, and search everywhere for my remote. The pain in my shoulder has been killing me ever since I shot that pistol. I find it lying on my bed, and press the yellow button, which shocks pain into my back, then relief. I shower, and get ready for bed. I twist the dream catcher in my hand until I drift off to sleep. But I don't dream tonight. Maybe that's a good thing.

I wake up the next morning, and prepare for training. I reach the observation room that I usually train in, and I see Joshua, "Good morning, Kenzie, how did you sleep?"

"No dreams."

"Interesting." He doesn't look away from his keyboard, "Let's get started. Necklace please." He holds out his hand, and I put my dream catcher in it, then I walk into the white room. The table and chairs aren't in there this time.

"I've decided to remove the table from the procedure. Waste of time."

I nod, lie down, and the purple mist surrounds me. I sleep.

I'm in the training room. Newt is shooting at a target. I stand up, "Newt, Newt." He turns around, and points the gun at my head. I stumble backwards, trip over my own feet, and hit the floor. Other people realize what's going on, so they hold their guns up to Newt's head.

"Shoot me, and I'll shoot her," he smirks.

Thomas steps forward, and puts his gun up against Newt's head, "Newt, stop."

Newt rolls his eyes. "Seriously? What have I to live for. Go ahead. Do it again, Thomas."

Thomas doesn't move. He just stares at Newt. He laughs, "Oh well, I gave you a chance. You should have taken it." He smiles at me, and pulls the trigger.

I wake up. I'm running with the Gladers to the city. Cranks are running toward us, with weapons. I lift my bow as I run, and try to find a good target, I look through the scope, but everyone is gone. Everyone but...her.

Brenda stands about ten feet away, weaponless. But she has her fists clenched, ready to fight. Can I really shoot her?

I hold up my bow, and aim for her head, and she runs towards me. "Stop! I'll shoot!"

She tackles me to the ground. I reach into my pocket and pull out a gun, I place it against her head.

"Please, do it. I don't want him to see me like this." I look at her face, and she's serious. I see the look of pain and sadness. "There's no hope for me. If you don't kill me, I'll kill you. And everyone else." She says those last words in a way that makes my hairs stand on end.

"I...can't."

"Please! You know if he sees me, he won't leave with you. He'll try to stay here. Please!"

"OK! Ok, ok." I close my eyes, and put my finger on the trigger...Wait...no...

I try to stop myself, but some force makes me pull the trigger. Makes me shoot her in the head. I open my eyes.

"No!" She's gone. And I'm in a white room. I stand up, and I hear a buzzing sound. I turn around, and see Newt with a knife. He charges for me, and I grab his wrists. I push him back, and he charges again. I punch him in the face, and grab his knife. I push him up against the wall, and hold the knife to his neck. It's not real. I'm in the test room. I slit his throat, and he slumps to the floor.

Thomas. I need to find Thomas. A tear rolls down my cheek. I need to apologize.