CH. 18

*whistle blows*

"Alright boys, let's wrap it up!", Coach Keigo yelled out to the team.

Basketball practice in the morning ran from 6:30 am till 8 am. Morning practice mainly consisted of conditioning and skill refining drills. Afternoon practice was from 4 pm till 6/6:30 pm, depending on the practice itinerary. The time was currently 7:40 am. The team jogged their way to the middle of the court where Coach Keigo and the rest of the coaching staff were standing.

"Alright gentlemen, that wraps up morning practice. We are going to hand out some progress report cards we want your teachers to fill out; if you ain't passin' you ain't playin, simple as that", Coach Keigo said. The coaching staff handed out a document that required the players professors to fill out; it needed to have the name of the course, the current grade that they have in the class, and the professors signatures.

"Next thing I wanted to talk about: the season. Season starts in two weeks boys, two weeks!", Keigo said holding up two fingers as he walked inside the circle. (A/N: Basketball season typically starts in the middle or end of October, so they are already more than halfway through the semester. Just an FYI)

"These next two weeks we are going to decide who will be in our starting lineup, so I suggest you take it seriously. Make sure you all go get yourselves some breakfast if you haven't eaten, do your work, and we'll see y'all here in the afternoon. Captain break it out", Keigo said. The players and staff extended their hands into the center of the circle, and the captain began the break out chant. "Plus Ultra on three. One, two, three!", "Plus Ultra!", The players and staff yelled out, causing an echo to be heard across the quiet gymnasium.

The team headed to the locker rooms to shower and get dressed for the day. The team consisted of 12 players. Junior: Mirio Togata, Yo Shindo, Rikido Sato, and Jurota Shishida; Sophomores: Mashirao Ojiro, Mezo Shoji, Yosetsu Awase, and Hanta Sero; Freshmen: Todoroki Shoto, Bakugo Katsuki, Fumikage Tokoyami, and Kirishima Eijiro. They all took showers to clean off the sweat they built up then began getting dressed for their class(es).

"Wah, another season is about to begin. Are you freshman excited?", Mirio asked. Mirio was currently the captain of the team and has been for the past 2 seasons. He was studying biology and was in pursuit of becoming a doctor.

"Heh, you bet I am!", Kirishima said flexing his arms towards the captain with a grin. "Hmm, I can't wait to see what other talent is out there", Todoroki said with a monotone voice as he sat on the bench tying his shoes. "I'll make every single team we play wish they had never been born!", Bakugo said aggressively closing his locker.

"That's the kind of energy I'm looking for!", Mirio said pointing towards his younger teammates. He felt his phone vibrate in his pocket and pulled it out to see he had a message.

"Eh, Tamaki is outside already? Time to-ga-ta Tamaki!", Mirio said as he waved off to his teammates before exiting the locker room.

"Same old Mirio, always head over heels for Tamaki", Sato said with a chuckle. "I wish I was in a relationship for that long.", Sero said with a sigh as he closed his locker. The team started to exit the locker room and make their way to their classes.

Bakugo followed right behind Mirio as the rest of the team had exited through another door. He stayed behind Mirio enough so he wouldn't notice him, but close enough to see what he was doing. Mirio meet up with Tamaki right in front of the gym. Tamaki handed the blonde a smoothie and what he assumed was breakfast in a brown paper bag. Mirio then planted a kiss on the blue-haired males' forehead and took the items into his hands. He placed the breakfast bag into his backpack, the smoothie in his left hand, and held Tamaki's hand in his right. This caused the smaller male to blush and smile towards the alpha. As the two started walking, Bakugos eyes widened. He noticed that Tamaki had a bite mark on his neck, meaning that he had already bonded with an alpha.