CH. 2

The car ride was quiet, like always. While Bakugo would drive, Izuku would have his earphones in and read or look out the window till they got to school while Bakugo would jam out to his music on the radio. Before Izuku would try to have conversations with Bakugo but they mostly ended with Bakugo showing no interest in the topic or not talking at all. However there were days that he was able to hold a "decent" conversation with the him. Unfortunately though, Izuku couldn't make the conversations last long and Bakugo would never elicit a conversation either, so he decided to just listen to music on the way to school.

The drive from their home was about 15 minutes at minimum if they got all green lights and no traffic; maximum 30 minutes with traffic and constant red lights. Today was a day full of traffic. Coincidentally, Izuku accidentally forgot his earphones and it seemed that today all the stations were only playing ads so Bakugo decided to shut the radio off entirely. The car stopped at yet another red light, so Izuku decided to break the silence.

"So ... how do you feel knowing that tomorrow is graduation day?" Izuku asked, staring at his hands as he was fiddling with his fingers.

"I'm fucking glad. I can finally show all those pathetic wannabe basketball players what a real athlete is", Katsuki said with a wicked grin continuing to look at the road, waiting for the light to turn green.

Though Bakugo and Izuku weren't as close as they were when they were kids, thanks to the rides to and from school, they, to some extent, became close. Izuku considered themselves acquaintances.

"Hmm, it must be nice to be able to play for such a prestigious team. Ah, by the way, my mom says congratulations on being recruited to UA", Izuku said with a smile.

"Ha, it's about time word spread about my recruitment. The more media attention, the better", Bakugo said as he began to drive again.

"Y-yeah...", Izuku said nervously, not knowing where to take the conversation from there. He gave up and looked out the window the rest of the ride.

From previous car ride conversations, Bakugo was still aiming to play at the professional level; so being able to play at the collegiate level was one step closer to his dream. It made Izuku happy that Bakugo never gave up on his dreams, though he never doubted that he would.

Once they got to the school, their routine was that Bakugo would park in the farthest part of the parking lot so no one would see the two riding together; Bakugo said it was necessary so people wouldn't get the wrong idea, but Izuku was always hurt by it. 'Why is it a bad thing if we're seen riding the same car?' he thought. Once parking Izuku would get down first then Bakugo would get down five minutes after, to ensure they weren't seen together.

As Izuku was about to step out the car like he always did, Bakugo spoke.

"Not so fast nerd," he said. Izuku stared at him dumbfounded, body and hand already set to jump out the car. Izuku now sat facing towards Bakugo.

"My folks are having a stupid graduation party at my house tomorrow. They told me to invite you, so if you want you can stop by", Bakugo said as he was scrolling through his phone.

"Eh?", Izuku said.

This was the first time they would be hanging out since they were in elementary school. Though he knew it wouldn't just be the two of them, it made him happy to know that Bakugo was inviting him to the party.

"Whatever, come if you want to, it's not like I'm forcing you to." Bakugo said slightly annoyed.

Before Izuku could give an answer, Bakugo's phone rang and he answered it.

"Hey babe", Bakugo said with a sigh, leaning back into his seat.

Izuku took that as a sign to get out of the car. He quickly slipped out of his seat and shut the door without making too much noise. Without saying a word, Izuku began walking towards campus.

Yes, the Katsuki Bakugo was in a relationship with Camie Utsushimi. They started dating at the beginning of his final basketball season. Rumor has it that Camie was the very assertive type and Bakugo agreed to date her to keep her 'under control'. She was considered the second prettiest omega on campus; Izuku never knew who was number one.

Izuku reminisced on all his crushes he had throughout his high school years as he walked towards the school building. The reason he would get over them and/or never tried dating was because in the depths of his heart he was in love with Bakugo. When their relationship became tethered, Izuku missed having Bakugo by his side. He later realized that he was in love with Bakugo. He realized it after watching romantic movies and envisioning he and Bakugo were the romantic interests, when he read books he imagined that he and Bakugo were the leads, etc.. He would attend Bakugos games cheering him on alongside his friends, but made sure not to be seen by Bakugo by sitting towards the top of the stands. When he experienced his heats, he always imagined how the blonde would touch his body from head to toe and how the alphas dick would fill him up. He always tried to come up with reasons to get over him, but his heart always yearned for the hot-headed, blonde alpha. But after hearing the news that he and Camie were a couple, he was a weeping mess for a week, realizing that he and Bakugo could never be. Since their rooms were across each other, there were times when he would glance into the blondes room and catch him and Camie making out. After that realization, his heart began to let go of Bakugo, realizing that it was time to move on from such an unrequited love.

'I guess some things just aren't meant to be.' Izuku thought, slightly chuckling at the thought.

Izuku entered the front doors of the main campus building and met up with his friends Uraraka, , Tsuyu, Iida, and Todoroki.

Word count: 1,053