CH. 13

"Izuku, is that you?", Bakugo said from the kitchen.

"Yeah, it's me", Izuku said as he took off his shoes then made his way to the kitchen.

"You came home pretty late today", Bakugo said. His back was turned to Izuku as he was setting the meals on the table.

"Yeah sorry, Todoroki asked me out", Izuku said.

Bakugo's heart instantly stopped, hearing that sentence was like poison being injected into his veins. "O-out?", Bakugo said, back still towards Izuku.

"Yeah, he wanted help picking out some groceries", Izuku said as he placed the flowers down on the counter.

Bakugo gasped for air. He instantly thought the worst, and why wouldn't he with how Deku worded his sentence. He then turned around and saw the bouquet of roses on the counter.

"And the flowers?", Bakugo said as he leaned back onto the table, arms crossed.

"Ah, Todoroki bought them for me, though I tried to tell him no", Izuku said rubbing the back of his neck with a blush visible on his cheeks.

Bakugo knew getting mad at Izuku was going to get him nowhere, especially since it wasn't his fault.

"Well, dinners ready", Bakugo said as he sat down and motioned for Izuku to sit as well. As the two began eating dinner, Izuku spoke.

"Hey Bakugo, can I ask you something?", Izuku asked. He was playing with his food, not having much of an appetite. He was scared to mention what he was about to say, but he knew that is was best for him to tell Bakugo the truth.

"What is it Izuku?", Bakugo asked looking up from his plate.

"Um, if a friend were to ... confess their... feelings to you...how would you react?", Izuku asked.

Bakugo suddenly choked on the food he was chewing, shocked at the omegas question. Izuku gave the alpha his glass of water and he practically drank the whole glass. 'What does he mean? Is he about to confess?', Bakugo thought.

"Well, *cough**cough*, it depends.", Bakugo said looking into the omegas eyes.

"Depends on what?", Izuku asked with a puzzled look.

"It depends on whose confessing", Bakugo said.

"What do you mean?", Izuku questioned, still not hearing what he wanted to her.

"Well for example, if Kirishima confessed to me I would thow a basketball to his face, if you confessed to me ...", Bakugo paused as he looked into the omegas emerald eyes, a faint blush growing on his cheeks, "...then I'd probably have to think about it. I mean we wouldn't want to ruin what we have right?", Bakugo nervous laughed as he took a sip of his water. Izuku looked down at his plate, sadness all over his face. 'I'm about ready to jump off a cliff right now!' Bakugo thought. 

"Not that I'm saying that I wouldn't date you, I'm just saying that I value are friendship, you know?", Bakugo said followed by an awkward chuckle.

He was screaming internally at his response to the omegas question. 'I literally just said I only wanted us to be friends!' Bakugo thought to himself as he put his now empty glass down.

Izuku sulked at the alphas response. 'So he really doesn't have any romantic feelings for me huh?', Izuku thought to himself. Bakugo noticed his expression and felt a tinge in his heart.

"Why are you asking Deku?", Bakugo said.

"Well ... it's kind of a long story...well not really long but...", Izuku said as he then began to mumble.