Empty Graves and Pick Up Lines

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

It's pitch black outside. Buffy and Laney are staking out at the cemetery yet again. Buffy sits on top of the gravestone of Stephan Korshak playing with her yo-yo as Laney lays on the grass staring at the stars.

"C'mon, Stephan, rise and shine. Some of us have a ton of trig homework waiting."

Laney sits up hastily and glares at the tombstone, "Yeah and some of us just wanna go home and sleep while ignoring their trig homework."

Buffy chuckles as she looks away from her yo yo and stares at Laney, "How do you have an A in trig? Please explain it to me?"

Laney laughs, "I told you I do it right before class. That's when it soaks in."

"Hey."

Laney jumps as Buffy inhales a quick startled breath and turns around to face her stalker.

Angel grimaces, "Is this a bad time?"

Buffy jumps down from the tombstone, "Are you crazy? You don't just sneak up on people in a graveyard. You make noise when you walk. You stomp or... yodel."

Laney frowns confused as she looks at the two, "Yodel? What in the white hell?"

Buffy freezes and smiles at Laney, "Laney you're white."

"Oh I know it's just fun to say."

Angel raises an eyebrow in confusion at the girls then shakes his head.

"I heard you were on the hunt."

Laney shrugs, "We're supposed to be, but... lazy bones here doesn't wanna come out and play."

"When you first wake up it's a little disorienting. He'll show."

Buffy frowns, "It's weird to think of you going through that."

Angel nods and shrugs slightly, "It's weird to go through. So, uh, you're here alone?"

Laney's head snaps over at Buffy and Angel. She makes a What the heck face but is ignored.

"Yeah! Why?"

"I just thought you'd have somebody with you. Like uh Xander..."

Buffy eyebrows furrow, "Xander."

"Or someone."

Laney crosses her arms, "Literally what the hell? So rude... someone is standing right here. Me!"

Buffy smirks once again ignoring Laney, "Nope... Why? Are you jealous?"

Laney groans slapping her forehead, "Welp since I'm apparently invisible I'm going home. Have fun waiting for lazy bones."

Angel chuckles at Buffy's statement disregarding Laney as she leaves, "Of Xander? Please. He's just a kid."

"Is it 'cause I danced with him?"