Did I Just Hear A Baby?

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Xander brings a chair over from the dining room as he turns to Cordelia, "You! Check upstairs. Make sure everything's locked up."

He positions the chair to help hold the table they've upended against the window in place. Cordelia sighs before heading upstairs.

Buffy frowns looking around, "Surely there's somewhere we can go. A safe haven."

Xander shakes his head, "Lady said stay put. Boss Lady also said stay... so we stay."

Buffy frowns, "You would take orders from a woman? A-are you feeble in some way?"

Xander glares slightly, "Ma'am, in the Army we have a saying... sit down and shut the-"

Before he can finish, he stops at a table nearby and grabs a picture that had fallen to the floor

"Whoa!"

This was the picture Laney saw earlier when she was walking around. It was the four of the friends; Laney, Buffy, Willow, and Xander.

"She must be right. We must have some kind of amnesia."

Buffy shakes her head pouting, "I don't know what that is, but I'm certain I don't have it. I bathe quite often!"

"How do you explain this?"

"I don't! I was brought up a proper lady. I-I wasn't meant to understand things. I'm just meant to look pretty, and then someone nice will marry me. Possibly a Baron."

Xander rolls his eyes, "This ain't no tea party, princess. Sooner or later you're gonna have to fight!"

"Oh heavens no darling. All we need are materials to create some sort of... what is it darling?" Laney says from the living room as she listens to their conversation.

"A bomb, tish..." Colby chuckles.

"A bomb! Yes! How delightful. Imagine all the funerals."

"Don't get me started, tish."

Xander frowns slightly, "Boss Lady is kind of morbid."

Buffy paces around not listening anyone only trying to figure out why this Xander fellow would allow herself, a woman, to fight, "Fight these low creatures? I'd sooner die." She replies with a snotty pout as she crosses her arms.

Xander scoffs, "Then you'll die."

Angel quickly comes in from the kitchen and sighs in relief seeing Xander and Buffy.

"Oh, good! You guys are alright. It's total chaos out there."

They both look at him blankly before replying together, "Who are you?"

"Do you live here?"

Angel frowns at Xander confused, "No, and you know that. Buffy..." she jumps making him tilt his head in confusion but continue on anyways, "I'm lost here. You... What's up with your hair?"