Chambers

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

A converse-clad foot smashes squarely on a vampire's face, knocking him back in a daze.

Buffy leaps into the air, grabs on to the branch of a tree, then swings up and over, kicking the vampire away. She drops down, breaks a smaller branch off the tree, and uses the sharp end to kill the vampire.

Another vampire tries to run away. Laney does a triple-backwards-somersault and lands right in front of him. She punches him in the face then kicks him in the stomach making him fall back to the ground.

"Stake!"

Buffy throws her wood stake to Laney who catches it and stabs the vampire just as he gets up to fight again.

A third vampire grabs Buffy from the back. She flips him over her body then knees him in the face.

"I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Buffy, that's Laney, and you are-"

As Buffy points behind the vampire, he turns around slowly to see Laney standing right behind him smiling. She waves then in a flash, holds up the stake and plunges it into the vampire's heart.

"--history."

She puts her hands on her hips and surveys the carnage. She smiles, satisfied as they high five each other. Their job was done.

"Poor technique. Prioritization, sub-par."

The girls smiles fade as Giles pops up from behind a tombstone. He is holding a notebook, checking things off.

"Execution was adequate, but a bit too bloody for my taste."

"Oh, Giles, don't mention it. It was our pleasure to make the world safe for humanity again."

"I'm not saying your methods are without merit,
but you're expending far too much time and energy. It should simply be 'plunge' and move on; 'plunge' and move on."

"Ugh that's no fun! Why is he being a party pooper? Buffy stop him!"

Buffy chuckles at Laney then crosses her arms as she stares at Giles, "If it's that easy, why weren't you doing it. Oh, that's right. You were busy cowering behind a tombstone."

"This isn't about me, it's about you. It is about how there are traditions that a slayer needs to follow. And Laney as a potential you need to be extra careful."

"Tradition is yesterday's news. I'm an improv gal.
How about when I offed the first couple of V's with a single stake? It was, 'Slay one, kill one free.'"

"Yeah Giles you gotta admit. That was pretty impressive."

"Ah, yes. Showing off. Yet another example of how you're not going by the book."

Buffy groans, "The book. You mean that old dusty thing that's been out of print for two thousand years?"

"The old ways have much to teach us. If you insist on ignoring the fundamentals handed down through history, you could find yourself in serious danger."