Semi Nude Engravings

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

"Witchcraft. Blinding your enemy to disable and disorient them is a classic."

The gang sits at the table in the library as Giles holds a witchcraft text. On it is an engraving of scary witches in a sacred circle in the woods. 

"First vampires, now witches... no wonder you can still afford a house in Sunnydale." Xander says jokingly.

Laney frowns worried about her friend, "Why would someone want to harm Cordelia?"

"Maybe because... they met her."

Willow gulps as Laney looks over at her with a slight glare, "Did I say that?"

Giles frowns, "Then why was Amber set ablaze?"

Xander nods feeling confused, "Yeah, those guys don't hang."

"Well they're both cheerleaders." Laney says out of the blue, focusing on her newly painted nails.

Giles frown deepens, "Someone doesn't like cheerleading."

"Or likes it too much." Buffy replies feeling like she's into something.

Silence fills the library as everyone thinks.

Willow jumps up, "Amy."

"Amy." Buffy repeats with a nod.

"So you guys are leaning towards Amy."

Buffy nods looking at Xander, "She's desperate to get on that team... I get the feeling she'd do anything to make her mom's dream come true."

"Now I do want to make sure I've got this right. This witch is casting horrible, disfiguring spells so that she can be a cheerleader."

"Your point being?" Buffy asks as she stares at Giles with a blank emotion.

"Priorities. Really, if I had the power of the black mass I'd set my sights a little higher than making
the pep squad."

Laney frowns, "Uh I think you're underestimating the amount of pressure a parent can lay on you. If you're not a picture perfect carbon copy they tend to wig."

"Cheerleading was kind of her mom's last hurrah." Willow says with a fist pump to the sky.

"We still gotta stop Amy. We should grab her before-"

Giles interrupts Xander as he flips through the text, "Let's be certain she's the witch before we arouse her suspicions. She's capable of some fairly ugly things."

"All right, you're a high school girl, you're desperate to make the team and please your mom, you turn to witchcraft. What's the first thing you do?"

Willow snaps her finger at Buffy, "Check out the books on witchcraft!"

Willow moves to the computer at check-out desk, scanning records.