Sexual Tension

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Buffy makes her way cautiously, looking about her. She senses a lurking presence, but the shadows give up nothing. She reaches the iron door on the other side. Tires it. It's locked. She stops, letting out a long breath.

"I don't suppose you've got a key on you?"

A man steps from the shadows, a smile in his eyes.

"They really don't like me dropping in."

Buffy frowns, "Why not?"

"They really don't like me."

"How could that possibly be?" She says in a sarcastic tone.

"I knew you'd figure out this entryway sooner or later. Actually, I thought it was gonna be a little sooner."

"I'm sorry you had to wait. Look, if you're gonna be popping up with this cryptic wise man act on a regular basis, can you at least tell me your-"

Buffy is cut off by the mausoleum door opening.

"Buffy?"

Laney walks through the door then smiles when she sees Buffy in front of her.

"Oh hey."

"Hey? Laney what are you doing here?" Buffy glares as she crosses her arms across her chest.

"I got bored." Laney says pouting.

She looks over and sees the man Buffy had been talking to and smirks.

"Ohhhh who is this?"

Buffy sighs, "Um I actually don't know."

"Angel." The man says looking at Laney with a hint of interest.

"Angel... that's a pretty name."

"Thanks."

Laney smiles looking at Angel. She thought he was a nice looking guy. Not her type per say but if she wanted a night of fun... he would do.

Buffy frowns as she sees lust in Laney's eyes, "Welp we gotta go. Vampires to kill, friends to save..."

She pulls Laney's arm tightly, dragging her to the gate.

"Don't go down there."

"Deal with our going." Buffy rolls her eyes.

"You shouldn't be putting yourself at risk. Tonight is the Harvest. Unless you can prevent it, the Master walks."

"If this Harvest thing is such a suckfest, why don't you stop it?"

"Because I'm afraid."

Buffy scoffs as Laney frowns at her.

"That's not a bad answer Buffy."

She looks at him a moment then kicks the door open.

"They'll be expecting you."