She-Mantis

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

"What now? I mean we can't just kick down the front door."

Buffy nods at Giles, "Yes, that would be wrong."

She's already bracing to kick it as she speaks. Just as she's about to kick it in, it's opened by a sweet old lady.

"Hello dear, I thought I heard... are you selling something? Because I'd love to help out but you know I'm on a fixed income."

Buffy frowns, "I'm looking for Miss French."

"I'm Miss French."

Buffy shakes her head, "Natalie French, the substitute biology teacher."

"Goodness, that's me. I taught for over thirty years, then I retired in nineteen seventy-two..."

Buffy turns to Willow and Laney.

"She used Miss French's records to get in the school-- bite me, she could be anywhere."

"No, I'm right here, dear."

"What do you do now?" Willow says as they start to walk away from the real Miss French's house.

"Abject prayer and supplication spring to mind." Giles replies.

"We saw her walking past this park. Carrying grocery bags. She lives in this neighborhood."

They look up and down the street.

Willow, pretty upset, heads off in the direction of the house next to the Real Miss French's.

"I'm gonna start banging on doors."

Buffy grabs her arm stopping her, "We don't have time for that."

"We have to do something!" Tears start to form in her eyes.

"We will."

"Hey Buff... remember Claw..."

Buffy glances at Laney then smiles widely, "Laney you're a genius!"