First Kill

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

As fast as she can, stumbling a bit and breathing hard from the beating she took, Buffy books through the graveyard. As she reaches the trees on the edge of it, she looks back at the Mausoleum.

Nobody's coming.

She hears a scream.

"No! Nooo! Get-- off-"

Buffy runs to the sound of the voice and comes to find Willow on the ground, struggling with a vampire. The vampire has Willow pinned, is going in for her neck then he looks up, hearing something.

Buffy's foot whips into his face, sending him flying way back. He lands hard on his back and scrambles away, holding his nose. Buffy is all business now, looking around her in quiet fury. Her senses alert.

She hears a crack, some scuffing on the ground. She takes off, leaving Willow wide-eyed and freaked. After a moment, Willow rises and follows. Xander is unconscious, being dragged away by one vampire. The other fights Laney who has her heels and vest off. Her crop top has a small rip in it that makes her even angrier.

"You... ripped... my... favorite... top!!"

She sits on the vampires waist and punches him in the face. The vampire is shocked that a tiny human girl even got him on the ground.

The vampire that has dragged Xander hears something behind him so he turns slowly around. It's Willow, stumbling out from behind a tree. She looks extremely unthreatening.

He turns back and Buffy is right in front of him. She takes him out with one punch. He flies back, then scramble to his feet. Buffy grabs a branch, snaps it off the tree. She comes at him with this makeshift stake and nails him in the chest.

Willow runs up to Xander, cradles his head. He is just coming to.

"Xander, are you okay?"

"Man... something hit me..."

Buffy runs over to Laney but then freezes as she watches her fight the vamp.

"You wanna ruin my shoes too?! Here ruin it jackass. Eat it!"

Laney shoves her heel in the vampires mouth. The vampire groans and finally pushes her off of him with all his strength. She flies off him and falls into the grass. She sits up to see him trying to run away. Before he can Laney takes a twig and leaps onto the vamps back. She brings down the twig just like she saw Buffy do earlier and the vamp turns into ash.

Standing up, she dusts off herself and picks up her heels with a smile. She turns around to see Buffy staring at her in shock.

"How in the world did you do that?"

"Oh that? I took kickboxing and taekwondo for years."

Buffy frowns as Laney passes her. She then notices something and starts looking around, unsatisfied.