She's Back

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

Willow and Xander walk through the cemetery on their way home. Xander has an ice cream cone and takes an occasional lick.

"Okay, um..."

Xander smiles, "It's your turn."

"I, alright, okay, uh... 'In the few hours that we had together, we loved a lifetime's worth.'"

Xander scoffs, "Terminator."

"Good! Great."

"Um, oh, okay, I got one," He stands imitating Charlton Heston, "'It's a madhouse! A mad...'"

Willow interrupts, "Planet of the Apes."

Xander frowns, "Can I finish, please?"

Willow holds up her empty hand in defense, "Oh! Sorry, go ahead."

"'...house!'" He points indicating that she may answer.

"Planet of the Apes. Okay, good... me. Uh..."

"Well?"

Willow frowns, "I'm thinking. 'Use the Force, Luke.'"

Xander grimaces, "Do I even have to dignify that with a guess?"

"I couldn't think of anything. It's a dumb game anyway."

"Well, what else do you wanna do? We already played rock, paper, scissors. My hands cramped up."

"Well, yes, if you're always scissors of course your tendons are gonna strain..."

Xander interrupts, "Y'know, I just gotta say that this has been the most boring summer ever."

Willow nods, "Yeah, but on the plus side no monsters or stuff."

She steps over to the wall and hops up to sit on it.

Xander groans, "I'm just so restless! I'm actually looking forward to school startin' up again."

"Yeah, and that wouldn't have anything to do with a certain girl we both know who is a Vampire Slayer."

"Please, I'm so over her. Did she, uh, mention when she might be gettin' back? About which I do not care."

"I haven't heard from her. I got a couple postcards when she went to L.A., but then, like, nothing."

"Well, she's probably with her dad having a good time."

Willow raises an eyebrow, "And you don't care..."

"Well, okay, there might be some interest. I'm a man. I have certain desires, certain needs..."

Willow frowns, "Uhhh! I don't wanna know."

The two sit in silence for a second. Xander glances from his ice cream to Willow then to the moon.

"Go ahead..."