Lies, Guys, and More Orgies?

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

It's a dark quiet night. Buffy strolls through the neighborhood cemetery while keeping a careful watch. She spots a bracelet on the ground and bends down to pick it up.

"There's blood on it."

Buffy gets up startled and faces him, "Hi. It's nice to... Blood?"

Angel nods, "I can smell it."

"Oh..." Buffy looks at the bracelet and nods, "It's pretty thin. It probably belonged to a girl."

"Probably."

Buffy exhales looking around, trying not to make eye contact with Angel, "I-I was... just thinking, wouldn't it be funny some time to see each other when it wasn't a blood thing." She smiles briefly then frowns at the awkward silence, "Not funny ha, ha."

Angel almost scoffs in disbelief, "What are you sayin', you wanna have a date?"

"No."

"You don't wanna have a date?"

"Who said 'date'? I-I-I never said 'date'." Buffy stammers wishing she had duck tape for her motormouth.

Angel shrugs, "Right. You just wanna have coffee or somethin'."

Buffy gives off a hopeful look, "Coffee?"

Angel shakes his head baking away, "I knew this was gonna happen."

"What? What do you think is happening?"

"You're sixteen years old. I'm two hundred and forty-one."

Buffy frowns, "I've done the math."

"You don't know what you're doing, you don't know what you want..."

Feeling her heart break in two, Buffy starts to get defensive and backs away, "Oh. No, I, I think I do. I want out of this conversation."

She starts to walk past Angel but bumps into him as he moves to the side to stop her.

"Listen, if we date you and I both know one thing's gonna lead to another."

"One thing already has led to another. You think it's a little late to be reading me a warning label?"

"I'm just tryin' to protect you. This could get outta control."

Buffy rolls her eyes, "Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?"

Angel grabs her by the shoulders and pulls her closer. She draws a startled breath.

"This isn't some fairy tale. When I kiss you, you don't wake up from a deep sleep and live happily ever after."

Shaking her head almost with tears in her eyes, Buffy pulls herself free from his grip, "No. When you kiss me I wanna die."