Not together

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

The end of the school day. Students file out as Buffy, Laney, and Willow come down the steps.

"Willow, it's not that big a deal. It's just a bunch of people getting together. I mean, sure, Chambers asked me specifically right in front of Cordelia. And, yeah, he gave me the marshmallows from his Jell-o during lunch. And then he walked me to History class and said 'I can't wait to see you tonight.'"

Laney and Willow give each other a look then stare at Buffy.

"I guess I blew it way out of proportion." Willow says jokingly.

"All right, it's a big deal. Did you notice how the
corners of his mouth curled up when he chewed?"

"I missed that. I was too busy looking down and to the left of his 501 label."

"I'd like to see an IMAX of that... Wait a minute."

Laney frowns as they stop walking, "What's wrong?"

"If you listen real close, I'm starting to sound like
a regular teenager. I've got friends. I've got a date.
All I need now are zits and an eating disorder."

Giles comes up to them, "Good afternoon, ladies."

Buffy ignores him and holds her chin, "Although I should probably do something about that
supernatural ability to destroy the undead."

Giles frowns, "I'm under the impression there's some sort of ironic tone in that statement, but as an Englishman I'm incapable of discerning it."

"Yeah? Well, that makes us even, because I don't get Benny Hill."

"In any case, that supernatural ability, which you
should cherish and treasure, if I might add--"

"You always do."

"--is needed tonight."

"Uh oh..." Laney whispers over to Willow who nods.

"Close the beach on that idea. I've got a very big meeting tonight with-- okay, let's just call him what he is-- a god."

"Oh, no. You have much more urgent business to attend to."

"More urgent than me moving past 'Buffy, The Celibate Years'? I don't think so."

"It's not all that great Buff."

Buffy glares at Laney making her smile sheepishly and look away.

"My books tell of a major event occurring on the
evening of the 1,000th day after the Septugian Sunset. That's tonight."

WiLlow frowns, "Already? Seems like just last week was the 1,000th day after the last Septugian Sunset. Where does the time go?"

"According to my calculations, we are due for a fresh
rising of vampires. It is prophesied," he pulls out his notebook and glances down.