Chapter 37: Finally...

Destiny's POV

The constant blare of sirens had woken me up. When I tried to lift myself off the cold, muddy floor, an arm tightened its way around my waist. My eyes darted up to a special blue pair. He lowered his head and whispered softly, so I could barely hear.

"We're getting out of here." Jason smiled. 

I searched his eyes, trying to find the little bit of cruel humour, but I could only find sincerity and hurt. His black sweater was wrapped around me, preventing me from the cold vibes this room has given me. I hugged him, closer as if he'll just disappear if I let him go. 

The dark, metal cell soon lit up. The lights flashed and I could hear moans and grumbles from everywhere. I held onto Jason tighter, hiding my face against his chest. My chest rose and fell in a rapid pace, just listening to the sound of his heartbeat made my heart go haywire. 

I heard a twist and keys jingling before I found Adam standing by the doorway. Jason lifted his head and looked ahead, matching my gaze at Adam. 

"What are you waiting for?" Adam mocked, handing the keys over to the cop standing behind him. Jason lifted him and I off the cold ground before settling me down. The sounds of our shoes was the only noise I heard as I looked from side to side. Men were laying there, beaten and bruised just like Jason and I was. 

When we arrived in front of Adam's car, I could see Sean leaning against the car with his hands cuffed behind him. My heart swelled from the picture of him sitting in a jail cell, but then I was reminded of what he had done to me. 

"Let's go, Destiny." Jason murmured. 

Arriving at the house, Nicole, Mitch, Jerome, and Ty sat on the front porch. I ran out of the car and into Nicole's opened arms. I sobbed loudly as she hushed me. 

"I... I-I... Thought you... Were in Montreal." I said in between sobs. 

"You know, after everything that happened to us, it takes you a few seconds to get convinced by them." Nicole pointed over her shoulder at Mitch, Jerome, and Ty. 

I smiled, a genuine smile as I realized that Nicole and Mitch were happy. I wiped the tears away from my cheeks before walking inside with them. We settled in the dining room with Mitch and Jason fighting over what to cook. Eventfully, they decided for the both of them to cook. 

We all cracked jokes, laughed, and smiled till we were crying from joy. The events that has happened recently was flushed from our minds, and all we wanted to do was start all over again. 

After dinner, and a quick shower, I heard the door of Jason's room close behind me. His arms snaked around my waist and I jumped. I could see Nicole, Mitch, Adam, Jerome, and Ty nestled on the couches watching a horror movie on the flat screen TV downstairs.

"After all the fights and arguments we've had, you always came back." Jason placed his chin on my shoulder.

"Why wouldn't I? You and your friends risked your life to save two girls you never knew." A tear slipped my eyes. I turned around to face him. 

Jason's smile grew wider as he wiped the tear from my eyes. His blue ones bore into mine, searching for anything. My arms wrapped around his neck, and pulled him closer. Our lips collided, and I suddenly felt numb all over. 

When Jason pulled away, his deep voice whispered in my ear. 

"Be my universe?" He smiled. 

I nodded, meaning it this time.