Chapter 13: Death by Love

Jason’s POV

"Jason...?" Destiny whispered as she saw me.

"Nicole told me everything." I whispered.
"So you didn't even want to come by yourself?" Destiny hissed.

     I frowned. "I took her ticket here. What more do you want me to do to show you I really care?"

   Destiny clenched her teeth together before almost slamming the door closed. I kicked it open before she could lock it. My arms immediately grabbed her and pulled her towards me. Destiny shoved me away and ran down the stairs, causing me to follow closely behind her. Then... It happened.
        When Destiny was running through the main entrance, some guy grabbed her; placed a knife to her neck and a gun to her head. Destiny pressed her lips together as she noticed what she did; she decided to run away from a safe pair of arms into a cold blooded murder's arms.

"Sean, don't do this!" Destiny pleaded. Police swarmed around Sean, trying to make him let Destiny go.

"Sean, let me have Destiny. We can talk this out, just let her go." I said calmly.

   "Drop the weapons." A policemen said.

"No!! Destiny's mine!" Sean pressed his lip against her cheek. Destiny flinched as she looked at me, almost as if she was guilty for all this.

     I felt Destiny tense up as the knife dug into her flesh.

"Drop the weapons or we'll have to shoot!" A policemen warns. Destiny had so much fear in her eyes when they had warned Sean that they might have to shoot him.

     But Destiny did not cry. She stayed strong. Then suddenly, a shot was fired and Sean was hit straight in the arm. He let go off Destiny, obviously affected by the impact of the shot. Destiny ran straight into my arms. But she didn't cry, just held onto me for dear life.

"Are you okay?" I asked, kissing her forehead.

"I'm fine." Destiny frowned.

My head was forcing me to say it; make her move to LA with you. She isn't safe here without you. Make her, you fool!

I sighed. "Destiny, I know we haven't met for a long time, but I can't have you live in Montreal where you could be easily killed or harm yourself." I took a deep breathe in. "I want you and Nicole to come to LA; don't live with us. But Mitch and I will buy you a house nearby."

Destiny looked into my eyes. Her eyes said yes, but her mouth said no. I frowned. I don't know how to convince this girl...

What I saw next made me freak out. Sean had stabbed his knife into Destiny's waist. Her scream was horrifying. She no longer had a choice to live in LA or not.

"You will be mine, Destiny. If it’s the last thing I do!!" Sean yelled as he began being dragged by the policemen into the cruiser.

I held Destiny up as now, the tears began to flow.

"If God decides to take me away tonight..." Destiny paused. She pecked my lips, softly. She still had a little sense of humor in her...
"I won't forget you..."

My vision was blurred as she fell against the floor and I was deafened by the sounds of sirens, blaring through the city.
I ran my fingers through my hair.

If Destiny goes, I go too...