Chapter 14: My Heart Shot and Shattered

Mitch's POV

I ran towards the shortcut behind the building and my heart dropped to the ground when I saw this random guy hurting Nicole.

Fueled by anger, I sprinted over and pulled the guy off her and starting beating him up. I dodged most hits by him but he managed to land a few hits on me.

After the guy was unconscious I ran over to Nicole and picked her up...she was bleeding on her head, she had bruises already forming and I think her ankle is broken. I hurried and called Jerome to pick us up, my heart breaking at the Nicole's pain. Jerome said he'll 'take care' of that fucking asshole... Jason sped towards the hospital as I held Nicole in my arms.

"I'm so tired, Mitch...and it's so cold..." Nicole said faintly.

"D-don't fall asleep yet...please..." I was afraid that she won't wake up if she closed her eyes... But it was no use, eventually she closed her eyes. When we got to the hospital, doctors and nurses rushed out with a stretcher and took Nicole away... I was so afraid that I was going to lose her...I won't be able to ever forgive myself.

"Mitch, where's Destiny...?” Jason asked me as soon as Nicole was taken away.

"I don't know? Somewhere in Montreal, I guess. She said she was going back on the note, and I know that Nicole lives in Montreal so...yeah." I said, my head was hurting like hell and my jaw was also in pain.

"I got found Nicole's stuff, they were scattered around the alley." Jerome said as he ran to where we were sitting.

"What did you do to the guy?" Jason asked.

"Called some people, now he is in jail." Jerome said briskly. I checked through her backpack and suitcase, there was just normal stuff. Her phone accidentally turned on and I saw her lock screen as one of the pictures we took on the plane where we first met. A smile was on my face, then it disappeared as I remembered it was my fault that Nicole might be dead...if I had just give more of my time to her...

"Wait...ticket to Montreal??? I need to go look for Destiny...if I just fucking knew where she lives." Jason said.

 Even though I didn't really like this Destiny girl, I knew how it felt for being responsible for one you love getting hurt...

"Nicole owns one of my Bajancanadian shirts right? Her address would be in the database for the mailing." I suggested.

 I called up the spread shirt team and asked them to search it up for me. Half an hour later, Jason had an address and was on his way to Montreal.

About 3 days later, Nicole finally woke up and was slowly regaining her health. Adam had also gotten better, with the occasional headaches and blackouts. We decided that we should go back to the Team Crafted house instead of staying in a hotel in Florida. We were all beyond exhausted but we still boarded the plane and was on our way back to L.A.

I took Nicole to a movie a few days after we were back in the TC house, it was Catching Fire. I was a huge fan of the Hunger Games, my most famous series on my channel is Minecraft

Hunger. Games. Nicole also really liked the Hunger Games, but she was scared by the sight of blood and hide behind her jacket at the gruesome parts.

I laughed and wrapped my arm around her shoulders, she had stiffened for a second then relaxed. As we walked back home, I pulled Nicole close and kissed her under the night sky.

Two days later, Nicole tried calling Destiny, Jason picked up and told us that this crazy guy stabbed Destiny and she is in serious conditions in the hospital... Nicole gasped and said the name 'Sean' and put her face in her hands.

"Nicole, do you know why...?" I had asked, Nicole only sobbed louder and then ran upstairs and slammed the door shut. I didn't know wither to go after her or give her some space. Adam came into the living room and told me that Jason called him and told him a detailed description of what happened.

 After Adam told be everything, I knew I had to go talk to Nicole. I hurried upstairs and opened the door, what I saw made my heart completely shatter...Nicole and Jerome were kissing...