Chapter 9: Someone Else's Heart

Adam's POV

    Today's the last day of Minecon, I'm so happy. After today, I won't have to deal with everyone else...I was physically and mentally drained.

When Jerome finally got of the shower, I quickly went in. I washed away all the fear and sadness left inside me; who am I kidding? I could never wash away what I've done to Dawn.
I sighed and got out of the shower and changed into a pair of jeans, a hoodie, and T-shirt. I slipped on a pair of shoes; I didn't really care at the moment. I'm just so annoyed with myself right now.

Jerome hopped into the driver seat and I climbed in the passenger seat.

"Is everything alright?" Jerome asked, starting the ignition.
I nodded, but his voice was all fuzzy; I couldn't hear a word he was saying. On the way there, I tried occupying myself with the beautiful scenery around us, but that didn't help...

When we arrived at Minecon, I walked with Jerome towards him and Mitch's booth because I didn't have to sign today. When we got there, Nicole and her friend was there as well; just like last time.

"Hi." I tried smiling at them, but that didn't go too well; it came out like a werid grimace.

"Hi, Adam. Are you alright?" Nicole asked. I just nodded and smiled at her.

"I don't think we met personally." The girl next to Nicole tried smiling. "I'm Destiny Blue."

I smiled. "I'm sure you already know me." She nodded and reached out to give me a little handshake. I reached out and shook her hand, but what caught my eye was her wrist... They were cuts...and they were fresh...

I pulled back, and when I did, Minecraft fans came walking from every direction. I pulled off my best smile and signed autographs and talked to fans.

After a while, Destiny stood up. "I'm starving. Do you guys want something to eat while I'm up there?"

We all replied, except Mitch.

"Mitch?" She whispered.

Ignored.

"Mitch?" She spoke louder this time.

"Um, Mitch?" Nicole looked over at Mitch.

"Huh?" He replied almost immediately.

Destiny fell silent and locked eyes with Nicole. Honestly, if you looked at Destiny long enough, and if she ever locked eyes with you, you could see the little tears forming, but never falling. Then again, she's only locked eyes with Nicole. Why is she so afraid of everyone else?

"I'll come help you." Nicole said softly, getting up.

"No, leave me alone." Destiny cried, running away from the booth.

"Destiny!" Jason got up from his seat, but Mitch stopped him.

"Let her go. She didn't want Nicole there, why would she want you?" Mitch said in his regular tone.

We all kept quiet after that... Until we heard a random scream come from the entrance of Minecon. We all rushed over and cut through the crowd of people around the incident.
When I saw what happened, I froze. My heart shattered and I fell to my knees, grabbing Dawn and pulling her towards me. She laid there; dead. She's dead...

When I looked up, I saw a balcony; probably the place where she jumped. But I also saw a girl there. I saw her brown hair and purple tips before she quickly disappeared back inside. Purple tips... Only 1 girl has that kind of hair; that I've seen today...

"What-" The murderous voice echoed through my head.

I shot her a glare and looked back at Dawn, letting the tears slowly drop down my cheek and onto her pale skin...

"Why did you kill her, Destiny?" I whispered. "I saw you up there! That's why you wanted to go up there alone, didn't you?! That's why you don't have our food!"

Destiny stared at me, but didn't lock eyes with me. Jason walked over and spoke to her privately.

"You don't trust me either?" Destiny whispered. Nicole stood next to her and said,

"Destiny has gone through so much throughout the past years; she's had friends leave, she's had her parents killed, she cuts... And I don't know if I could support her myself anymore. If she can't trust you, how will she trust her life?"

Jason kept quiet, staring at the now crying Destiny.

"Don't trust her, Jason! She killed Dawn....the truth is all there...!" I shouted.

"I've known Adam forever... You're just a girl I've met in the airplane... Im so sorry." Jason whispered and walked towards me.

"Just a girl who... Who can..." She paused and looked up. Then, she ran. Nicole tried chasing her, but Mitch pulled her back.

"She can't hurt herself, but Dawn....." Mitch spoke softly to her, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath, not meeting anyone's eyes.

"Destiny will kill herself! You don't know what she will do!!" Nicole screamed, trying to push Mitch away. But she calmed down after a bit; knowing if Destiny were to kill herself, it'd be done by now.

I stroked Dawn's cheek and watched as the ambulance came, picking her up... I know she's gone... But...
I needed to inspect how Destiny could've done this. I needed to know.

I walked up the stairs to the 2nd floor and towards the balcony. What I saw made us all stop in our tracks. There stood a little bottle of sleeping medication. An empty one...

"IT NOT MY FAULT!!! IT ISN'T!!!!" I screamed silently to myself and I fell to my knees. I'm not responsible for two deaths....I'm not....