Chapter 5: I'm "Fine"

Nicole's POV

I woke up, blinking and wondering where I was. Then everything came back to me. I looked around, there was no one there except for Destiny, who was sleeping in her bed.
Could yesterday night be all a dream.....? I asked myself.

Then Mitch walked out of the bathroom.

"Oh, you're awake, Jason went to buy breakfast. I wanted to go back to my hotel to change and stuff but I wanted to wait until you were awake to go.

He...cares about how I feel...? He wasn't going to just leave without saying anything...?

"Hey guys, I'm back. Is Destiny awake yet?" Jason asked, walking into the hotel room with Macdonald's and a tray of coffee and tea.

"I'm awake now..." Destiny said, rubbing her eyes.

Jason gave the nervous laugh that I often hear in his videos.
I jumped off my bed and grabbed the food out of Jason's hands. Then I crossed my legs and sat back onto my bed. I patted the spot beside me and I smiled as Mitch sat down.

"I called the people at Minecon and got you two media passes." Mitch said as he drank his coffee.

"YAAAAY! I'm going to Minecon" I exclaimed, smiling.

After I finished eating, I went into the bathroom for a shower and to get ready for Minecon. I winced as the soap went over my cuts....I teared up as all the memories came back to me... I was glad the shower was on, no one could hear my sobs...
When I came out of the showers, Mitch and Jason left to get ready too. I changed into a white hoodie and shorts. I put on my makeup, perfume and fixed my hair.

"Do you think the guys really care...?" Destiny asked me as I finished brushing my hair.
"I...I don't know...I mean...they know nothing about us, and we know nothing about them. We are just random girls they met on their trip to a convention about them." I said quietly.

"That's what I thought....if they knew the real us....they..." Destiny said, her eyes showing the same emotions I felt inside of me.

Then, I got a phone call from Mitch.
"Hey! We downstairs right now, you want us to come upstairs? Or do you wanna come down?" Mitch asked, it's weird that he only addressed me but brushed that thought away. I told him we were going to be downstairs in 5 minutes.

We grabbed our bags and headed downstairs. Mitch was leaning against the black Ferrari, looking at his phone.

"Hey, where did the car come from?" I asked. Mitch looked amazing in his black t-shirt and red and black checkered hoodie. His hair was spiked up like he does in his vlogs. My heart jumped and I felt a blush creeping onto my face.
Mitch came over and handed me a bottle of water.

"You look amazing..." he whispered to me as we walked towards the car.
Mitch opened the back door of the car and gestured for me to go inside. I smiled and climbed inside the Ferrari. I was surprised when he climbed in with me and shut the door. Destiny was stunned for a moment then quietly went to open the passenger door and climbs in.

We were passing a main street when suddenly there was a car that swerved, Jason slammed on the breaks and thankfully stopped the car. The momentum pushed me forward and I was bracing for the impact but nothing came. I felt strong arms around my waist that held me. Even though I was safe, the memories rushed towards me with such force...the tears threatened to come out as I remember the day of the accident.

*I was 8 that time, it was raining hard, the road was slippery and the wind was strong. I was in the back seat with my mom holding me. The fever I had was crazy, it was caused by the infection of my wounded arm. My parents were taking me to the hospital, but the car lost control...the last thing I remembered was my mother's scream as she held me...*

The tears slipped down my face, I remembered how in every foster home I've been too, I always had a tiny Swiss knife with me... The depression, grief and pressure was always crazy on me and the only way to stop it was to distract myself with pain or fainting.
Mitch pulled me into his chest and I sobbed... I could hear Destiny explaining to them why I was so scared. Soon, after what seemed like a eternity I started to get drowsy and I fell asleep in Mitch's arms...