Chapter 30: Screaming, Fighting and Kissing in the Rain

Nicole’s POV

I sat cross-legged on the couch watching Netflix but soon my peace was broken.

“Nicole!!! Get your butt of the couch! We’re going outside today and actually doing stuff whether you like it or not.” Reni shouting, her arms crossed and staring at me.

I haven’t been outside ever since I came back from L.A. last week. I stayed at Reni’s house because I was way too afraid to go back to my old apartment…

I’ve been pretending the pain is not there and I’ve been trying so hard to forget everything. I knew it was me that wanted to leave everything behind but how a part of me wishes so much that Mitch would suddenly appear and sweep me off my feet…

“Reni, please…” I begged, not wanting to face the pain.

“Too bad, you’re coming with me and some friends to a nightclub today.” Reni said firmly.

     My eyes widened. “A nightclub?!?! Are you insane?!”

As we argued, I knew I was fighting a losing battle. A few hours later, I getting ready to go to a nightclub…

     I had on a short black and white dress and heels. My hair was down and I wore a black headband with crystals and a crystal necklace. Reni was beyond excited and she dragged me to her car. I hastily grabbed my phone, wallet and keys and followed her.

The music was booming, I heard it loud and clear even from outside.

“Miss, ID card please.” I pulled out my driver’s license and handed it to the bouncer.

As I entered, I was hit by a blast of music, people dancing, and alcohol. But the funny thing was, I kinda liked it. I started dancing with Reni, and after 3 or 4 songs we took a break.

“Let’s go to the bar to get a drink?” Reni asked. I was a little hesitant but I nodded.

“Two Martinis please.” I said to the bartender and was disgusted when he tried to check me out. I quickly took the drinks and went back to Reni.

“Hang on, I have to go to the bathroom.” Reni said.

“Heeey, can I buy youh a drink?” someone said behind me. I whipped around to face a blond guy. He grabbed me and kissed me, I struggled to break free and when I did, I slapped him in the face. He turned red and hit me. I flinched away from the sudden pain, tears slowing falling. Then I heard a fist connecting with someone jaw.

  “FUCK YOUH!” the drunk guy said, grabbing my arm and dragging me outside. I struggled but the grip released and I ran outside but soon I was pulled into someone’s embrace. I kicked and tried to get away.

“Let me go!!! Please…..” I said, my voice breaking.

     “Nicole, it’s me.” a familiar voice said softly. My heart stopped and I stopped struggling. I was afraid to look up, not wanting to feel my heart break again.

“I’m sorry for everything…” he whispered.

     I stood there in his embrace, tears mixing in with the heavy rain around us.

“Mitch…I’m so scared…” I said, my voice almost inaudible.

Slowly, I looked up, his hair was dripping wet and his black t-shirt stuck to him. When I looked in his eyes, they reflected the light from the passing cars and streetlights.   

He pulled me close and our lips connected. Everything melted away and it was only him and I. The cold rain fell down around us but I felt like there was fire running through my blood.

   I pulled away because the silent tears were becoming harsher sobs. “I missed you so damn much…” I said, crying into his chest.

He hugged me tightly as the rain poured down around us, rain and tears mixing…