Chapter 29: Standing Alone

Mitch’s POV

Adam and I stared at the timer on the email, not knowing what to do.

“Uh…well Adam? Maybe asking YouTube could be our last choice. We can do like a live stream fundraiser or something. We can say it’s for Jason’s surgery or something.” I suggested.

“Yeah!” Adam said, closing my laptop without logging…like always. “Our bank accounts aren’t completely empty either, I can probably pull off a few thousand dollars on hand.”

“Same here, but I’ll have to go back to Montreal to make the transactions.” I said.

“Hang on! Maybe Jerome can ask his dad for a loan!” Adam said. I frowned, I knew that Jerome’s dad wasn’t the type of person who would lend his son a few thousand dollars cash easily.

“I don’t know about that…by the way, how much money could Ty get?” I asked.

“Him? I’m not sure, maybe two or three grand?” Adam said.

“That’s pretty good. Well, I think I might have to start buying my ticket to Montreal. To make the transaction and maybe…” I said, trailing off. And maybe find Nicole…

“Mitch, man…don’t worry, I’m sure Nicole will be fine. Maybe we should all go to Montreal to help?” Adam asked, opening the laptop again to order tickets.

“Um, I don’t know…will we have enough money? I don’t want my selfishness to be the death of Jason.” I said.

“Mitch, wanting to find Nicole is not selfish. I’m sure a few hundred won’t hurt….” Adam said easily but his expression showed more.

“Ok, I got tickets for us tonight. It’s no expensive and we need to get things done as soon as possible.” Adam said as he printed out the info.

“Well I’m gonna tell everyone about the charity live stream right now, and call Jerome to ask when he will be back.” I said, pulling out my phone.

When Jerome came back, he had a girl with him. I was confused about why Jerome would be trying to pick up girls at a time like this but I noticed that he was actually happy.

“So we’re going to Montreal? What for? I mean, why us all, wouldn’t that just be a waste of money?” Jerome asked in his low voice.

“Wait, Montreal??? That’s where I’m from!” the girl with Jerome said.

“Cool, I’m Mitch.” I said, reaching out to shake her hand.

     “Wait…are you that Minecraft Youtuber?” she asked suddenly.

“Um…yes? You know me?” I said, confused.

    “Yes…well no, I know of you. From Nicole” she said.

“You know Nicole???” I asked, my eyes wide.

     “Yeah, we’ve been friends since high school.” Ella said.

“We have to go now, or we’ll miss the plane.” Adam said.

   “What? You guys have to go now?” Ella asked.

“OH! The gala!!! Yeah guys, cancel my plane ticket?” Jerome said.

“Jerome…really now? Don’t go back to your old tricks now.” Adam said.

     “Adam, why do I have to go anyways? You’ll save the money of a plane ticket, and maybe if I go to this gala, I can convince my father to give us a loan.” Jerome reasoned.

   “He might be right Adam, just let him stay here.” I said.

That was the end of that conversation. As Adam, Ty and I boarded the plane, many thoughts flew around my head.

   What if Nicole isn’t in Montreal? What if she hates me now??? Of course she hates me… But what if she’s…..dead?! NO. MITCH, STOP! She is not dead…right…? 

Crafted Love (a Team Crafted fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara