Chapter 15: Shadows of Emotions

Nicole's POV

"I couldn't believe it...!!!! Destiny was hurt by Sean....agh...we should've moved away a long time ago if we had the money...

What if...what if...she won't be fine......?" I thought to myself.

"What happened?! Are you hurt...? Did....did Mitch do something to you?!" Jerome asked, I looked up in surprise.

"H-how'd you get in...? I thought I locked the door." I said, stumbling because my throat felt like it was closing up.

"This is my room...so yeah...." Jerome said, looking embarrassed.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know..." I started to walk out but Jerome grabbed my hand and stopped me. He looked at me and wiped my tears away.

"Tell me what's wrong?" he said, pulling me to sit down on his carpet floor.

 I didn't know what else to do so I told him about Sean and about Destiny getting hurt. I told him I was so worried that Destiny won't be ok...I was worried that she wouldn't get better... Soon I was in tears again, Jerome pulled me into a hug and I sobbed.

 Suddenly he let go and looked into my eyes, to my surprise, he leaned in and kissed me... After a moment I broke away, shaking my head and crying again.
"I can't Jerome....I....just can't..." I looked down, crying.

 "It's Mitch isn't it?! Well you know what?! Mitch doesn't like you, it's just cause you saved Adam that he is grateful and that you are pretty. That's all it is!!! You love someone who doesn't give a shit about you while someone who loves you is ignored! Nicole, I love you, why can't you love me back....?" Jerome yelled at me.

"Jerome....I...." I put my hands to my face and sobbed, then I ran out the room.

 "Nicole....why would you do this to me....? If you loved Jerome you could have told me!!! I wouldn't have forced you to be with me..." Mitch came up behind me and asked me, looking broken.

Mitch saw the kiss....???

"Mitch....I don't love Jerome...I....he kissed me...Mitch...." I reached out to touch him but he moved away.

"Maybe you just liked me because I'm rich and famous, I was hoping you weren't like other girls.....guess I was wrong..." Mitch said, his voice cold but his eyes broken.

 "Mitch, I..." I was afraid to say I loved him...I was afraid that our love will break apart and burn...

"Save it...maybe you can find some other Youtuber that would fall for your tricks..." Mitch said and then he walked away.

 I ran into the bathroom and fell to the floor, my back against the cold wall. I took off my locket and opened it, inside was a small blade... I took it and dragged it across my left wrist, line after line, watching the scarlet red blood form on my arm.

Was what Jerome said…true??? Did Mitch only pretend to like me because of what I did???

 I couldn't stop the tears that were sliding down my face, I knew I had fallen in love with Mitch...but I didn't want to be hurt again...not like last time. I was so afraid to admit it...during the past few months I thought I couldn't fall in love anymore. I had hoped my heart would freeze, I wished that I would never fall for anyone again.

"Why the fuck did I meet Mitch on the airplane....why...?! Why couldn't I have just had a normal trip...?” I screamed at myself in my head.

 The worst part of all this is that what Mitch said had hurt me the most...I couldn't deny the fact that I loved him so much....

I wiped the blood off the blade and placed it back in my locket, I knew I had cut deep this time, the blood was completely staining my shirt but the pain inside stopped my from blacking out.

Suddenly I heard a deafening crash, then a loud thump, then a groan in pure pain... I realize in a shiver that it was Jerome...even if he broke everything I had, he was still a friend. I unlocked the door and ran towards Jerome's room, the loss of blood was disorienting me but I took a deep breath and continued.

 I was completely shocked to see Mitch and Jerome fighting....or should I say Mitch hitting Jerome and Jerome failing to defend himself. I flinch as a punch hits its target right on, Jerome's stomach.

 "Why the fuck did you kiss her?! Jerome...I thought you were my fucking best friend...why the hell would you do that?!" Mitch demanded, landing a punch.

"I-I.....like h-her...I don't k-now....Mitch, please stop......"

I knew that didn't help...but...Jerome likes me?! I mean, he did kiss me....but... I never had thought of Jerome more than a good friend, and I had only met him a few weeks ago. But then again, I...I love Mitch...and I had met him only a month ago...

 Jerome tried to defend himself but instead he got hit in the chest, getting his breathe knocked out of him.
"STOP!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, MITCH?!?! FUCKING STOP!!!" I scream, upset and confused. Mitch looked at me, he looked broken and lost, and the sadness and confusion in his eyes broke my heart.

 He stopped and Jerome collapsed against the wall, bruised and bleeding. Mitch almost fell at the shock of seeing me at the doorway, my deep cuts dripping with blood and my face stained with tears. Mitch came over and reached out to me, his eyes shadowed with millions of emotions.

 "Mitch?! Jerome?! What happened I heard screaming-" Adam said, walking in just in time to catch me before I blacked out.